AP25 Newb

db_gain

Greets, new to apco & trunking, what do I do to pop Knox, Sullivan, Daviess counties LE and EMS into a Pro 197?
Where SAFE-T data?
What SAFE-T data is pertinent to programming?
Someone hold my hand!
Also will be programming by hand for now.
Thanks in advance!

VASCAR2

I suggest you go to Mark’s easier to read manual and download the user manual for your Pro 197. When you set up your Safe-T system make sure you select the system type as P25. Once type is correct you create a site and add the frequencies for each tower location in range. Depending on your location will determine how many sites you can receive.

Once you start receiving radio traffic on Safe-T you can start putting names on the numbered Talk Groups. I’ve programmed Pro197 previously using the keypad. Once you learn the procedure it is just repetitious till you get everything entered. I’m not far from Vincennes and can help you get it programmed if you run into trouble. Send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and email where I could assist with your programming.

Here is a link to the database here on Radio Reference, all the tower/site frequencies and Talk Groups are listed at the link.

Here is a link to a Wiki page giving a description of the Pro197 scanner.

Last edited:

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
To start, you would program in the freqs listed on the sites you want. Then add the talk groups of interest.

VASCAR2

I responded to PM. I have helped numerous forum members in the past. I look at the instructions to refresh my memory. It shouldn’t be a problem getting your scanner working.