BCD325P2/BCD996P2: APCO Band Plan Frequencies

Finport

Premium Subscriber
This is my first post and I am quite new to the world of scanners.
I have a BCD996P2 Scanner and I am using FreeScan to assist in the download.
I am trying to load CoMIRS frequencies and have a few problems after trying numerous times with a process of illimitation :).
1. In the 'System Field', is this a 'P25 Standard (Digital XT) entry for CoMIRS? If not what would be the type? I have several in the dropdown box.
2. Do I use the APCO Band Plan field for 'P25 Standard (digital XT) for the CoMIRS system?
3. Here is the biggy....in the APCO field (if used), it asks for positions (0 thru 9 and A,B,C,D,E,F), Frequency MHz and finallySpacing (Khz). What would be the entries for these fields if my trunk frequencies ranged from 770.1562 to 859.7875 and are digital? I am totally lost :(.....

Again, this is way beyond me and I'm trying to just get it going....
from an old USCG sailer, thanks,
the newbee,,,,dan

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 43

Finport

Premium Subscriber
OK,
Set both to (P25 Standard (Digital XT).
Whether Audio AGC Digitial is set to ON or OFF, it goes directly to APCO entries, but nothing lited as before
in the Edit Band Plan (photo 3). It requires a manual input.
When a manual input is applied (guessing at freq and and spacing), the 'guessed frequecies' appear in the scanner (photo 'guess').
Trunk Frequency range entries are still there for the channel
Sorry, but thank you again,
dan

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Guess.JPG
    Guess.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 32

tvengr

Well Known Member
What is your city and county? That will determine which site or sites you should use. Also, if a site is simulcast, I would leave digital audio AGC set to Off. The AGC action can increase garbled audio problems when dealing with simulcast. If I know your city and county, I will be able to answer that question. A trunked system needs at least one site to function. The frequencies go into the sites. You only need to enter the red frequencies with the lower case "c" in the RR database. They are control channel capable. Remove the "c" when you enter the frequencies. All of the frequency information is carried on the control channel. The talkgroups go into groups. You don't need to guess the band plan frequencies. When you receive the system, the frequencies and spacing will be filled in for you. You can easily select the systems, sites, and groups you want to scan by using quick keys. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys: Are you able to communicate with the scanner using FreeSCAN? You need to install the driver for the scanner to be able to do that.

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Finport

Premium Subscriber
yes, i can communicate with my scanner (bcd996p2) through FreeScan.
here is what i am trying to load;

Commonwealth of Massachusetts Interoperable Radio System (CoMIRS)

Sites & Frequencies:
Talkgroups
Boston
DEC 3075 through 3200 - Boston Fire

I understand that DE is encrypted and cannot be accessed. The rest of them are 'D' Mode

For the control Channels; i accessed 1 (1) 035 (25) Logan Airport/Massport & 2 (2) 002 (2) Metro Boston Overlay Simulcast. Both are Suffolk County sets.
thank you :)

Dan