Apopka 35A system moved to Orange County 46C

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
update:

Both Apopka sites are now reporting on the 46C Orange system. Frequencies appear unchanged. Talkgroups are currently not known.

//////////////

just a heads up - we (Florida dB Admins) are in receipt of a submission that Apopka Fire will leave the 35A system at midnight tonight and switch to the OC 46C system.

they will also go from encrypted to UNENCRYPTED.

TGs are TBD and will be updated soon.

Last edited:
At 0913 hours, 35A's control channel went silent. There were a few transmissions beforehand telling Police and Fire units to switch their radios to different zones in preparation of radio changeover. So far, no new Talkgroup activity on 46C, and the site is not registering as a neighbor to 46C. (Yet.)

Also since sometime after 0700 this morning, Cannot decode a control channel for the Reedy Creek Simulcast on 46C, still shows as a neighbor to site 1 though.

batdude

for the record, both Apopka Fire (6963) and Apopka PD (7015) are still reporting ENCRYPTED per DSD+

@batdude are you able to decode any other 46C sites? Reedy Creek, Apopka 4.4, and Orange Simulcast are all I am seeing, but the other sites still show as neighbors. I wonder if they (Orange County) are consolidating sites perhaps?

batdude

@batdude are you able to decode any other 46C sites? Reedy Creek, Apopka 4.4, and Orange Simulcast are all I am seeing, but the other sites still show as neighbors. I wonder if they (Orange County) are consolidating sites perhaps?
i'll check and advise. I would be more curious to find out if OC 46C is going to be upgraded to Phase 2 ---- since the Apopka system was....

sure would increase their call capacity.

trooper890

Sadly, agencies don’t go back to the bright side after making such a switch. Once gone, it’s for good in almost all cases.

james32746

Premium Subscriber
Heads up, the winter park talkgroups are duplicated in a different section

Sad that Apopka fire is still fully encrypted
Even for calls in “Orange County contract area”, which AFD took over for OCFR because of overlapping coverage of AFD stations 2 and 5 and OCFR station 29 (now closed). Of course OCFR could of dispatched those calls and ran them on their own TACS (OCFR 7/8) with AFD units but that’s a different story.