APRS not connecting

nicolet

I run three APRS devices and configurations. Mobile is a TM-D710g. In the shack is a TM-V71A with a Tiny Trak 4 configured as a digipeater. Also in the shack is an Android phone running APRSDroid, connected to a Baofeng UV-5R with a Btech K1 APRS cable.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LMIBAZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The two Kenwoods run fine, the digipeater digipeats. The smartphone is unable to connect to the digipeater in the shack, or with a friend’s Igate when I took the device to his QTH. I have reviewed the configurations on the phone and ht multiple times checking them against several websites on how to configure them. APRSDroid has been reinstalled. The radio transmits, the red tx light lights and I can hear the signal on another radio set to 144.39. In short, everything appears to be working like it should. Except that it is not heard by other APRS devices.

Can anyone offer any direction to further troubleshoot this issue? Thanks for your help.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
What is the channel bandwidth set to on the baojunk? Have you looked at the signal it is putting out? Is there any audio distortion? Is the amplitude at a decodable level? If I had to guess, the problem is using the lowest quality radio there is.

KB3KBR

(ಠ_ಠ) (◣_◢) (。◕‿◕。)
Feed Provider
Thanks for your response. Yes, VOX and squelch are both set at 1.
When I had a Beofang long time ago I tried using the vox feature. Found iI had to turn the preamble time way up to get the radio to start transmitting and not clip off the front of the packet. It was something stupid high like 1 sec or so. If the other radio are not getting the whole packet they can't decode anything.