APRSIS-32 I-Gate

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
So I've been fighting this for a few weeks now and thought I'd ask here and see what others are doing. I setup a RX only APRSIS-32 I Gate to take local traffic to the internet. I followed every video I could find online and thought it was working. Weeks go by and my mobile is still going thru another I-gate and no traffic thru mine. I have a digi at my house and packets will hit digi and go to another i-gate away from me. I watch the aprsic software see the packets but for some odd reason when i look at aprs.fi it still shows stuff from other sites.

Anyone running this and can ping me offline ?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I haven't configured an iGate in a long time, and I was using AGW I think. Anyhow, mine was doing the same and it turned out the iGate functionality wasn't started.

I hope you don't take the troubleshooting offline, as this may help others in the future if it were in this thread.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I see packets leaving the program in the log file and coming in via RF so assume its started. Thats my confusion.
Do you have any security software that could be blocking the outbound packets?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Have you asked your question in the APRSISCE groups.io group? The author hangs out in there along with several knowledgeable and experiences users.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Have you asked your question in the APRSISCE groups.io group? The author hangs out in there along with several knowledgeable and experiences users.

No. I'll be honest it doesn't show up on their page. I went all thru there forums and they looked slim so now I know why. Thanks I'll head there.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
Your RX only station may be working fine, yet the other station is given priority. My RX only igate is secondary to a nearby station as his is setup to TX/RX text based messages. I see my station receiving various packets, but a station that also transmits is given priority. That is what I read from the guy who runs APRS.fi. He also works on the APRS server scripts. There’s a thread on a forum where people, mainly one guy, were complaining about RX only igates and how they harm the network. The APRS.fi guy then posted and told people how thing’s really work.

Still, what would be odd is if zero packets from your setup are passed. Message me your callsign and I’ll take a look if you don’t want to post it here.