• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX APX8000XE Recent Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

daine1619

Premium Subscriber
I have my APX8000XE programed to receive recent calls.

Recent Calls is in my Menu Items
Record Playback Audio Buffer Size (Sec) is set to 60

I am able to open the "Recent Calls" menu in the radio and open the "Recent Convs" folder but when I attempt to play a conversation the radio will not play the conversation. It will give me the low beep when I press the Play button. I have attempted to save a conversation but the same low beep is emitted.

The channel is an Conventional Analog channel.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
RCNT has nothing to do with TMS, It is indeed for captured audio. Did you enable record under radio wide>features>record audio? You can set the time all day long but it won't record anything until you select either RX audio or TX+RX audio

billyfromhill

Premium Subscriber
RCNT has nothing to do with TMS, It is indeed for captured audio. Did you enable record under radio wide>features>record audio? You can set the time all day long but it won't record anything until you select either RX audio or TX+RX audio
I believe those settings are only for mobiles so you can record off the accessory connector. For portables all you should need is the RCNT menu item or button and set the "Record Playback Audio Buffer" to anything other than "Disabled".

Maybe try adding the CLCK menu item so you can set the time correctly for playback? You should not need the "Log Dispatch Calls Enable" box to be enabled to record recent audio. Try setting the Buffer Size to something like 15 or 30 seconds also. I know older revision/lower tier APX models were/are only capable of 30 seconds of recording due to memory size.

daine1619

Premium Subscriber
Maybe try adding the CLCK menu item so you can set the time correctly for playback? You should not need the "Log Dispatch Calls Enable" box to be enabled to record recent audio. Try setting the Buffer Size to something like 15 or 30 seconds also. I know older revision/lower tier APX models were/are only capable of 30 seconds of recording due to memory size.

I set the clock to the accurate time and date and I reduced the buffer size from 60 to 15. I also tried "Log Dispatch Calls Enabled" checked and un-checked. Still wont play back any audio.

It still logs every transmission but will not play back any audio when I select the Play button.

DiGiTaLD

What firmware version do you have loaded?
Would it be correct to assume that for an APX 7500, firmware R10.00.00 is way too old for this to work?

I'm working on an APX 7500 with an O5 control head and the only option I get when I tap RCNT is >EMER. I'm guessing I need to upgrade the firmware.

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Would it be correct to assume that for an APX 7500, firmware R10.00.00 is way too old for this to work?

I'm working on an APX 7500 with an O5 control head and the only option I get when I tap RCNT is >EMER. I'm guessing I need to upgrade the firmware.
I believe you need 15 for it to work.

DMS11B

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
I just tried this RCNT feature, unfortunately, I also have the same problem, I can see the logged calls, but when I press "play" nothing happens. Did you find a solution to your issue @DiGiTaLD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.