AR3000A stay in Display test mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
I just bought an Ar3000a and the battery must be dead because there is no display if not connected to AC with the transformer
When I connect to AC with the transformer, all the labels of the display are on as in Display mode test, no key is active, there is nothing working
Can some body help to fix this problem
Thanks
Francois

G8OEO

With no power connected the radio will have no display and can not work, that is normal. The internal battery just keeps things ticking over in the background when it has no power connected.

When the power supply is plugged in but the radio is not switched on, it should show the digital clock time on the display.

Does operating the main ON/OFF button have any effect at all or is the radio permanently in what looks like display test mode?
The microprocessor can be reset by holding down together both the 3 and 6 keypad buttons while switching the radio ON, then releasing them.
There is a reset button inside which may also help bring it back to life but that means opening up the radio.

I believe a dead battery can leave the radio looking completely dead but haven’t experienced that myself.

I still love my 3000A which has worked faultlessly for over 30 years. I hope you can get yours working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.