ARC-EazyStream Client 0.98 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

softbrix

Can't Connect With .98 Client

I just downloaded the Client Software but for some reason I can't connect with it. I tried several servers including setting up my own. I can connect to all servers if I telnet directly to that port but not with the client software. I tried the client software on 3 different computer and still no luck. I don't have any firewalls or port blocking program.

softbrix

Chrome69 said:
Mines working fine, make sure your router is setup for the right ports

possible but I even tried all the servers listed in the old thread. Remember also that I can access the server via telnet but not with the client SW.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Gommert, the latest client release is a major step in the right direction for storing servers; thanks. One suggestion I have would be to streamline the tab sequence. I noticed if I tried to use the tab key after entering info it was jumping to the below fields as opposed to going to the right.

Other than that it's running and working great. Nice work.

Hoping for the auto-start features to be added to a future server version as well. Thanks.

bear105

Yea...I agree. All the eazystream messages have been split between the RR board here and the Yahoo BCD396T group. A seperate group would be good...

bear105

I have noticed a problem with Easystream Client v0.98. I installed it on the wife's XP SP2 machine and it wouldn't connect to any servers, including my own Easystream Server(v0.95). I did have the addresses typed in correctly, and there shouldn't have been any firewall issues. So I un-installed it and then installed Client v0.96 and everything worked like a charm. I went back and forth a few times between the 2 different versions and only v0.96 will work.

Yet I have another Windows XP SP2 box that v0.98 works just fine. Any ideas??

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
bear105 said:
I have noticed a problem with Easystream Client v0.98. I installed it on the wife's XP SP2 machine and it wouldn't connect to any servers, including my own Easystream Server(v0.95). I did have the addresses typed in correctly, and there shouldn't have been any firewall issues. So I un-installed it and then installed Client v0.96 and everything worked like a charm. I went back and forth a few times between the 2 different versions and only v0.96 will work.

Yet I have another Windows XP SP2 box that v0.98 works just fine. Any ideas??

We are investigating a simular problem, try entering the IP/ports in the preset list, that should work fine.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

acetech

Yea for the new one you have to enter it in the list ... It will not connect if it is not selected from the list. ie. just entered in like the old versions. Just what I have observed.

squirrel

Premium Subscriber
How much upstream bandwidth is required per client? I have cable and I can upload at a max of 48KB. Just trying to figure out how many clients i could accomodate.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Eazystream client 0.99

ARC-Eazystream client V0.99 is now available.

New options:

- client can automatically download list of servers at startup
- miniview set backcolor
- in main window the text tag is now always shown
- increased preset server settings to 10
- fixed connection problem when manually entering IP/DNS

If you run a server and you want your server to be automatically
listed in the client send us an email with your IP/DNS, description
and port numbers.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status