ARC-XT Pro | Cleaning up RSF File

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
I've got quite a few sites/systems uploaded to my BCD996XT, and during listening there are 15-20 frequencies that I always end up using the manual L/O on because they're broadcasting what sounds like dead air, static, or a garbled signal.

The issue I am having is that it is very difficult to find the frequencies in my rsf files which are being loaded when I upon the pfl (Profile) file. Using the search feature in the ARC-XT Pro menu only seems to search the current system...one would expect that you could search everything that you have open, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have tried searching on frequency and for the Alpha tag.

It would be awesome if I could import L/O history info from the radio and have it show those frequencies tagged in some manner so I could choose to delete them or lock them out manually using the software.

Any idea/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards,

JW Lehman
CWO-2 USMC Retired
Laconia, IN

rsf or pfl

captclint

Mentor
Scanner, Lock-out Editor. Read L/O list from scanner. I agree that lack of search across systems is a bummer. Just upload the scanner to Free Scan and you can do a global search there. If you are lazy like me, you can lock out or delete them in Freescan, download changes to scanner, then upload the result from the scanner to XTPro.

I can just hear the smirks from those who will say, why bother with XTPro, but it has some excel like features that are not in Freescan. It has much better Virtual Control, as well as that new RR DB search function with a double click on the log file.

Last edited:

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for suggestion Clint! Very helpful...

Does your first sentence "Scanner, Lock-out Editor. Read L/O list from scanner." mean that this is a feature, or?

Regards,

JW

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
I took your advice and downloaded from FreeScan, but my search couldnt find the offending frequencies. See log image below...is my radio set to search for the Public Safety frequencies? I can't find this system in my frequency files:

Attachments

• Public-Safety.jpg
    Public-Safety.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 356

captclint

Mentor
Does your first sentence "Scanner, Lock-out Editor. Read L/O list from scanner." mean that this is a feature, or?
It's the menu sequence in XTPro. I am really baffled by your question. The log file clearly shows the system in your scanner and XTPro containing these frequencies is called "Public Safety" Edit: Maybe you mean you have a service search called Public Safety That's a whole other thing. You can't delete them, and you won't find a system in your software. I think you can permanently lock individual frequencies out by hitting the lockout twice rapidly, but you can't delete them.

Service search is best used to find active frequencies in your area and then add them to a system(s) you create, or you can go to your county page and download some or all of the verified frequencies. This will eliminate most of the things you want to lock out.

Last edited:

jwlehman

Premium Subscriber
It's the menu sequence in XTPro. I am really baffled by your question. The log file clearly shows the system in your scanner and XTPro containing these frequencies is called "Public Safety" Edit: Maybe you mean you have a service search called Public Safety That's a whole other thing. You can't delete them, and you won't find a system in your software. I think you can permanently lock individual frequencies out by hitting the lockout twice rapidly, but you can't delete them.

Service search is best used to find active frequencies in your area and then add them to a system(s) you create, or you can go to your county page and download some or all of the verified frequencies. This will eliminate most of the things you want to lock out.

I think it is a service search because I cannot find the freqs or the System name in my files. I tried the Lock-out editor and when I tried to download the L/O list from the radio it just locked the keypad and nothing was shown as downloaded. Perhaps the temporary L/Os don't get downloaded?

I went into FreeScan and in the Scanner Setup Options I removed Public Safety from the Service Search Key Assignments, and the problem is resolved. I hate to lock the whole range out, but in my area the Public Safety band is 98% dead air or static. Not sure why, but it's a big nuisance.
Thanks so far for your help! I'm learning a lot! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.