ARCXT: ARC-XT Pro Installations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this has been answered but if the Software is "Owned" by the end user how Many PC's can it be installed on,
I personally use about 5 PC's Depending on where I am and keep my Data Files on a Jump Drive so I can edit where I happen to be at any given time.
I thought I read somewhere only 2 Machines, unless I am getting this confused with another Application

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
software is very rarely "owned", it is almost always licensed. if there was no EULA displayed when you began the install (End User Licensing Agreement) you likely can install on as many machines as you like. But most software WILL gave a EULA. check the HELP:ABOUT tab or Butel's website for the EULA which will contain your answer.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
I didn't see this on there site before.
Thanks for having me actually doing my own research Silly Me

License info: All prices shown are for a SINGLE user license and non professional users. If you own more then one computer you may install multiple copies of the software as long as the owner of the license is also operating the computer.
Professional users must buy a license for every scanner they are controlling. For large sites we can offer multi users licenses at special prices.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
My concern is I currently have 2 996 version Scanners 1-XT and 1-P2 I do not want to hold different config files for each scanner, The only difference currently is I do have a few Phase2 systems in the P2 scanner I currently use Freescan and Love it, however I can not program DMR type systems into it with Freescan,
I will purchase as long as each scanner I add to the Shack I do not need to by the same software over again.,
If that is the case then it makes sense to only hold 1 Phase2 scanner and use Freescan for the others.
I don't really want to buy the same software multiple time if I can help it.
If any of that makes sense

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
My concern is I currently have 2 996 version Scanners 1-XT and 1-P2 I do not want to hold different config files for each scanner, The only difference currently is I do have a few Phase2 systems in the P2 scanner I currently use Freescan and Love it, however I can not program DMR type systems into it with Freescan,
I will purchase as long as each scanner I add to the Shack I do not need to by the same software over again.,
If that is the case then it makes sense to only hold 1 Phase2 scanner and use Freescan for the others.
I don't really want to buy the same software multiple time if I can help it.
If any of that makes sense

no, you will not need to buy a license for each new radio you add...presuming that the software license you currently hold is the correct version for any new radios you might add.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The ARC-XT program can be used for all of the Uniden x96 series scanners. One license covers them. You can use data written for the older model scanners, such as the 996XT and program it to the 996P2.

However, data in some cases (such as DMR systems) can't be satisfactorily written into the older models, since older models don't support DMR.

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
The ARC-XT program can be used for all of the Uniden x96 series scanners. One license covers them. You can use data written for the older model scanners, such as the 996XT and program it to the 996P2.

However, data in some cases (such as DMR systems) can't be satisfactorily written into the older models, since older models don't support DMR.

Agreed,My concern was really the number of machines i can install on, I routinely use 5 PC's (It is a Pain in the A33)
I have all my Configurations on a Jump Drive so that travels with me
Thanks for all the responses

Status
Not open for further replies.