ARCXT: ARC XT PRO

MikFinkel

Premium Subscriber
Hi All,

Frustrated noob here, lol. Am in over my head. Bet you haven't heard that before.

Anyway I had a demo from radio reference to install the programming into my BCD996XT and can't find it no matter how and where I look.

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber

MikFinkel

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I agree Google is your friend. I hate when someone asks on a forum or in a thread without googling 1st. and can't find it no matter how and where I look.

Thank you for the link. I actually purchased this software. I still need the demo. I don't know how to use the drop downs in the menu!

MikFinkel

Premium Subscriber
Let me ask this 1st. Does the scanner need to be plugged in 1st? When I download and open the program it comes to a box to pick choices and there are no choices in the box.

Also I haven't downloaded the driver for the USB-! cable. Haven't figured that out yet.

Thank you for the reply.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Let me ask this 1st. Does the scanner need to be plugged in 1st? When I download and open the program it comes to a box to pick choices and there are no choices in the box.

Also I haven't downloaded the driver for the USB-! cable. Haven't figured that out yet.

Thank you for the reply.
It sounds like you are expecting the wrong thing from a demo download of programming software.from Butel, ProScan, or any other provider of the software is a copy of the program that you can install on your PC. The “demo” referred to is not a file containing video clips or screenshots on how to use the software. This includes a working copy of the software, that is configured to run for a specified time limit, usually 30 days, so that you can use the program during that trial timeframe to see how you like it and whether it does what you need and expect it to do.

After that trial period expires, the software will quit working, unless you purchase it and enter the key provided by the publisher of the program to move from ‘demo mode’ to a registered copy of the program that has no limits on know long you can use it. For a “demo” of how to use the program, you can find a number of these posted online on YouTube and elsewhere.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You do not need to have a scanner connected to ARC-XT to create/modify programming files.

I Googled Driver for Uniden USB-1 cable and the first thing was the appropriate driver installation instructions. (I'm teaching you how to fish, rather than giving you a fish.)

tvengr

Well Known Member
First, what cable do you have. Is it the one with a DB9 connector or does it have a USB connector? If it has the DB9 connector, you will need a USB to serial adapter. Here is an ARC-XT file for the Massachusetts State Police trunked system to get you started. The PDF file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. The 3 sites can be toggled on and off by pressing 1, 2, and 3 on the scanner keypad. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC-XT. Go to the Scanner tab and click on Upload to Scanner. Select the Barnstable Co MA file. Click on the box to Delete All Systems First. That will give your scanner a clean start. Click on Send to Scanner. Quick keys as follows:

Barnstable Co MA
SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. Mid & Upper Cape (Site)
2. Outer Cape/Truro (Site)
3. OutrCape/Wellflt (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. State Mutual Aid
2. State Interop
3. State Emerg Ops
4. BarnCo Services
5. BarnCo Fire/EMS
6. BarnCo Loc Fire
7. BarnCo Sheriff
8. BarnCo Police
9. BarnCo Local PD
0. MA State Police

Attachments

• Barnstable Co MA XT.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 0

MikFinkel

Premium Subscriber
You do not need to have a scanner connected to ARC-XT to create/modify programming files.

I Googled Driver for Uniden USB-1 cable and the first thing was the appropriate driver installation instructions. (I'm teaching you how to fish, rather than giving you a fish.)
Yup. You got me. I got the same results from googling it as you did. I can't figure the ****ing thing out!!!
I know how to download, apparently not. I am not getting the driver to install in my PC.
And I did buy the program. I didn't realize when I started this thread that I had to put key 1 and key to into the demo to make it live.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you download the Prolific Chipset driver from this zip file: https://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/UnidenMan4/USB-1Drivers/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.6.0.zip

Then extract the files and look for the installer and click it.

It has been a few years since I went through this exercise, but I think you have to install the chipset driver BEFORE you plug the cable in. Otherwise Windows has a mind of its own and you have to clean up incorrect files. Again, you may want to double check this.

What you are really doing is installing the driver for the Prolific HXD chipset. This is something that became necessary with Windows 8. You may try seeing if there are any helpful YouTube videos.

And if I got really frustrated, you might reach out to where you purchased the USB-1 cable.