ARC500 object ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshepherd3

I have a Radio Shack Pro-106 and the ARC 500 software.
In the software I see the Object ID listed in the Trunk Systems folder and the Talk Groups folder.
I was under the understanding that the Object ID was the identifier for the trunk system. If that is the case-why do the object ID numbers in the talk groups folder not match the numbers in the trunk systems folder? (i.e-all of the talk groups assigned to a particular object ID have the same object ID, and different talk group ID numbers?)
So exactly how does that work?

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro-106 and the ARC 500 software.
In the software I see the Object ID listed in the Trunk Systems folder and the Talk Groups folder.
I was under the understanding that the Object ID was the identifier for the trunk system. If that is the case-why do the object ID numbers in the talk groups folder not match the numbers in the trunk systems folder? (i.e-all of the talk groups assigned to a particular object ID have the same object ID, and different talk group ID numbers?)
So exactly how does that work?

the Trunking System is identified and defined in 'Trunk System Objects' folder so that the talk group objects in the 'Talkgroup' folder know to which TSYS they belong. i have 4 or 5 Trunk Systems defined and while none of these systems have TGs with the same TGID it is possible that two or more Trunk Systems that you wish to monitor might have identical TGIDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.