ARC6 How move frequencies from "Channels" to "Banks"?

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I think this is a simple question . . .

I've successfully downloaded the contents of my Icom R6 to the ARC6 software in my Windows 11 laptop, but I can't figure out how to move any of the frequencies from the "Channels" section of the software to the "Banks" section.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
Not in front of it right now, but scroll allllll the way to right...on the grid is a column where you can specify the bank number.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Not in front of it right now, but scroll allllll the way to right...on the grid is a column where you can specify the bank number.
Thanks, eorange! I hadn't scrolled far enough to the right.

I'll give this a try with a new entry and see how that goes.

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Okay . . . now I'm having some serious problems with my ARC 6 software efforts.

I figured out how to do some editing (thanks to eorange), but when I tried to download the new information to the R6 I received a
"CL IN" message in the R6 display as it downloaded. When the download was complete, I received a message saying "Upload is complete, please switch power off/on." After I've turned the R6 off and back on, I receive a "CL ERR" message in the R6 display, and it appears that the radio's been reset to its factory default settings and none of the programming is displayed.

Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)

Last edited:

YoShep69

Premium Subscriber
Okay . . . now I'm having some serious problems with my ARC 6 software efforts.

I figured out how to do some editing (thanks to eorange), but when I tried to download the new information to the R6 I received a
"CL IN" message in the R6 display as it downloaded. When the download was complete, I received a message saying "Upload is complete, please switch power off/on." After I've turned the R6 off and back on, I receive a "CL ERR" message in the R6 display, and it appears that the radio's been reset to its factory default settings and none of the programming is displayed.

Any thoughts, ideas, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)
I am having the same issue. I sent Butel an email this morning. Generally his responses are fairly quick.

Yo

eorange

♦RF Enabled Member♦
There's a column all the way to the right on the grid for ordering the frequencies. I seem to remember if you don't have a sequential set of numbers or duplicate a number, then ARC6 will bork the radio until you fix it.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same issue. I sent Butel an email this morning. Generally his responses are fairly quick.

Yo
It seems to be a well-known problem, YoShep69.

Here's what Gommert will send to you:

Icom clone error information

If you receive a clone error after uploading data from the ARC5/ARC6/ARC20 then you need to create a default or template file:

• Connect the receiver and read data from the receiver in the software.
  • Do not make any changes!
  • Save the file with a generic name like default.
  • The next time you want to create a new file FIRST load the default file in the ARC software and then add the new data.
I bought the RT Systems programming software for the Icom R6 and haven't looked back . . .

Good luck!

-Johnnie (KC5IGH)