Arizona Game and Fish to AZWins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanRollman

Database Admin
Wins now covers roughly 75% of AZ.

You must have a funny definition of "covers". Or a funny definition of "AZ". The APS system covers much more of the state than AZWins does, and no professional I know would suggest it covers anywhere close to 75% of the state. Of course, human beings don't cover 75% of the state in any significant number either.

Ravenfalls

Premium Subscriber
You must have a funny definition of "covers". Or a funny definition of "AZ". The APS system covers much more of the state than AZWins does, and no professional I know would suggest it covers anywhere close to 75% of the state. Of course, human beings don't cover 75% of the state in any significant number either.

Wins has a new site that covers Sedona. Its not in RR yet. You can find it in FCC records.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
I think you mean their UHF CI and State frequencies. DPS isn't on VHF-High.

ADOT, however, is, and I heard a dispatcher acknowledge a transmission on 156.2100 yesterday afternoon or evening. (I did not catch what transmission they were replying to.) It's the first time in quite awhile that I've caught anything on either of ADOT ECD's two VHF-High channels.

DPS still retains their VHF low and high band licenses.

Citation: ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - KA2542 - ARIZONA, STATE OF - Frequencies Summary

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Who is the licensee for it or could you please post a link?

The AZWINS sites owned by the state are coved by the statewide 700mhz license. This license covers a subset of frequencies between 769-775 MHz that can be used statewide. If you dig into the license there are some build docs that cover specific site locations and frequencies.

The Sedona site should be located on Schnebly Hill (34.88225, -111.6798888888889) with the following frequencies:

I have not been in that area for about 6 months, but last time I was there, the site was not active yet. If someone in the area can check the frequencies above for a control channel, or better yet do a search between 769-775 MHz. Let us know if you hear the site online.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Schnebly Hill wasn't active in early February 2021. in several weeks, I'll try to venture into Sedona, but the vacationers make me want to leave immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.