Arizona Public Service Corporation (P25)

btandtc

I'm trying to find the APS (P25) radio frequency that covers Graham County Arizona. I'm interested receiving Arizona Division of Emergency Management that is using the APS P25 system. I appreciate your time and help, Thanks.

caphab1

Texas, Mule and black knob are the three sites. Look in the database for the system..on the aps p25 page you can pull up FCC calling locations

Foresigt

According to their service map, APS doesn't provide service in Graham County. Their radio system might not cover that county unless they have transmission lines that go through it and then only to the extent to cover those lines.

btandtc

Thank you folks for the replies. What puzzles me that if the Arizona Division of Emergency Management is using the APS P25 for emergencies, then how does Graham County receive the state emergencies? On the other hand the Texas Canyon, Mule Mountain and Black Knob are blocked by Mt. Graham that I don't think the signal could go around the mountain. I guess that I'll mark APS off my list.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
I beleive they use linked conventional repeaters in areas where they are not on a trunking system. I do not know if they are linked over fiber or microwave but have seen their radios at a few radio sites I maintain (I cannot picture their radios, so no idea if analog or P25). TT

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
You might also try the DEMA VHF system. That has coverage beyond the APS footprint. Not much use by Emergency Management other than the Wednesday Net at 1000 and occasional radio checks.

Mostly used by the National Guard helos.

Arizona Mutual Aid scroll to DEMA

AZ DEM relies on cellphone and their internal web based system that links all the EOCs; webEOC.

Last edited:

Foresigt

What would you really expect to hear anyways? Anything important is on encrypted talk groups or a different radio system so we can't hear it anyways.