BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Assign FL or Keyboard Command to Full Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieKe

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Location
Williamsburg, VA
If this has been addressed here before I cannot find it. Is there ANY way to turn the Full Database on and off in the 436 without going into the menu? I use many of my own FLs and sometimes the Full Database (with GPS) when out on the road. It is quick and easy to hit a FL key, but going into the menu to enable/disable the Full Database is not feasible when driving. Of course I can create a large FL with location enabled but that requires me to know what I might want to hear in advance rather that simply using the entire Database. This capability would make using the Full Database so much more convenient.
Charlie
Denver CO
(Recent convert from XP scanners)
 
D

darunimal

Guest
Maybe FUNCTION 5 could be used for such, but it's really not that hard to make all this muscle memory Menu, E/yes, 2 clicks clockwise, E/yes, E/yes, Avoid and your back to scanning (w or w/o DB). Pretty easy and most users have numerous things with each model committed to memory.

Until the day of speech recognition software in scanners, it's the most feasible way users have to use features they like while driving, blindly, but works for most!
 

ofd8001

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 6, 2004
Messages
8,508
Reaction score
1,637
Location
Louisville, KY
There isn't a way of doing this. Favorites Lists are limited to 1 MB file size and the full database is much larger.

So your options are limited. 1 is to go Menu>Set Scan Selection>Select Lists to Monitor and set Full Database to On. 2 (a little more cumbersome) is to set the zip code and when asked, turn the full database on.

The other is what I do for traveling. I use a separate SD card for travel, which has the full database On. The "home" SD card has my Favorites and full database is off. Fortunately I have a 536 and access to the SD card is easier than with the 436.
 

CharlieKe

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
71
Reaction score
1
Location
Williamsburg, VA
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It seemed like a good idea and worth asking. Perhaps UpMan could consider this as a feature request, perhaps some type of Function-Keypress combination?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top