Status
Not open for further replies.

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
It actually wasn't in the corporate village limits of Willowbrook, rather unincorporated DuPage County with the investigation being handled by the DuPage County Sheriff's Office. Several years ago, that area of unincorporated DuPage County had a "Hinsdale" mailing address but is nowhere near to the Village of Hinsdale. It's closest to the Village of Burr Ridge, but that only applies to the east side of IL Rt. 83 (Kingery Highway). Willowbrook handles the mail delivery to that area, but is not actually in Willowbrook. To be more specific, it's unincorporated Downers Grove Township.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
The DuPage County Sheriff's deputy who called ISP Troop Chicago on ISPERN around 12:25am for additional assistance identified the apartment complex to the north of the shopping center as "the Willowbrook projects".

ILjim

10+ Years Listening
Premium Subscriber
It actually wasn't in the corporate village limits of Willowbrook, rather unincorporated DuPage County with the investigation being handled by the DuPage County Sheriff's Office.

it's a Willowbrook mailing address, but in unincorporated Downers Grove Township.
Yes, I'm well aware of that. I just used what the headlines say to keep the thread title as short as possible. I don't want to be "that guy" that puts 100+ characters on a thread title. Anywho, I'd rather stay focused on what happened and wondered if anyone else was monitoring instead of arguing until this becomes locked by a mod.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Another Great Father's day Weekend in Chi-RAQ-Land area. Although the counts from 2021 of 12 DEAD 45 WOUNDED or 2020's CARNAGE of 17 DEAD 96 WOUNDED won't be topped, this story from a *Juneteenth?* celebration is no shocker with 1 DEAD 20 WOUNDED in one setting. So far the Area count is 6 DEAD 34 WOUNDED this Weekend. Stats thanks to HeyJackass! website. Your one stop authority on up to the minute Chicago "ideals and values" as former Mayor Rhammy called them.

p25man123

Prior to the shooting, it was initially started as a fight by a large group. As soon as Deputies got on scene. They reported shots fired. Officials now confirmed 20 people injured and 1 person dead. Many the victims were transported by medics and walk ins at different area medical centers throughout DuPage, Cook, and Will Counties

p25man123

Kevin, that's a "dig" on the clientele at that location. Again, it's a Willowbrook mailing address, but in unincorporated Downers Grove Township.
I’ve seen way too many people falsely saying that it’s in the Willowbrook/Burr Ridge area. Yet they don’t know anything about that area as they are unfamiliar with unincorporated areas. Indeed that the Hinsdale Lake Terrace area is apart of Downers Grove Township which the Sheriff’s Office has jurisdiction at and it’s not within any Village limits. I’m well familiar with that area for a long time.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
Kevin, that's a "dig" on the clientele at that location. Again, it's a Willowbrook mailing address, but in unincorporated Downers Grove Township.
Yeah, kinda figured that wasn't the official (or even semi-official) name of the complex. Maybe it's what the DCSO folks that patrol the area call it, I'm just surprised it came out of that deputy's mouth and over ISPERN - heat of the moment or not. Not a helpful description to officers responding to his call for assistance and trying to find the place.

FWIW, I heard officers on ISPERN from as far away as Melrose Park and (I believe) Schaumburg responding to the scene after that call went out.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I had to reread the article

Are there any suspects? reason for the fight? gang activity?

More info would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.