Atlantic County

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
In the last 24 hours has anyone been able to monitor either Somers Point Police or Egg Harbor Twp Police? If so, on what system/TG?

TY!

acscan

In the last 24 hours has anyone been able to monitor either Somers Point Police or Egg Harbor Twp Police? If so, on what system/TG?

TY!

Somers Point PD has finally moved from VHF to the Atlantic Co P25 system and EHT is still the same on the P25 system and EDACS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Atl Co

Ty 4 reply. Do u know if Somers Point is TDMA II or ENC? Also, I have not heard EHT on Provoice on the EDACS system.

acscan

Ty 4 reply. Do u know if Somers Point is TDMA II or ENC? Also, I have not heard EHT on Provoice on the EDACS system.

The entire P25 system is TDMA II and I believe all the county PD's will be encrypted soon. It's possible EHT disconnected the EDACS connection to their new P25 talkgroup early as the EDACS system should be going off line by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
AC

Yes, Somers Point FD is still paged on VHF. I have been told the FD has no interest in switching to the county 800 system and they recently relocated their antenna to the top of Shore Medical Center. FD does have 800 capability for mutual aid.

So, is anyone able to monitor Somers Point PD and if so what make/model radio do you have?

TY!

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Somers Point PD portables are M/A-COM P25. The car radios are the out of service VHF. They still occasionally use "CH 4" for low power chit chat.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Been picking up TGID 26401 on the Atlantic County system, Not in the DB, sounds like PW, maybe in Galloway TWP. Interesting how a lot of the PD's go in and out of encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.