audio stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArvadaFire

Feed Provider
We have 2 new BCD536HP scanners for our radio feed. The scanners work fine for awhile, but then after a day or two there is no audio. I have the channels for our feed on "hold" as that was the quickest way I could figure out to get only the channel I wanted. If I take the channel off of hold and it stops again for radio traffic it will work for a day or two then nothing. Restarting the scanner doesn't help, nor does switching to a different channel and coming back. The only thing that works is removing the hold to let it hear something. I have a picture in our "shack" photos of what the screen looks like with the channels on "hold"

Any advice to keep these running?

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Bizarro world.

I've never seen my 436 do this, but then again I don't leave on one channel for days at a time, either.

I'd try creating a department in your Favorites list that includes the channel you want all by itself and just hold on that department rather than holding on the channel itself and see if that fixes it since it still thinks it's "scanning" all the channels in that department. I do that when all I want to hear is the local fire dispatch channels.

-AZ

jasonk

Feed Provider
We have 2 new BCD536HP scanners for our radio feed. The scanners work fine for awhile, but then after a day or two there is no audio. I have the channels for our feed on "hold" as that was the quickest way I could figure out to get only the channel I wanted. If I take the channel off of hold and it stops again for radio traffic it will work for a day or two then nothing. Restarting the scanner doesn't help, nor does switching to a different channel and coming back. The only thing that works is removing the hold to let it hear something. I have a picture in our "shack" photos of what the screen looks like with the channels on "hold"

Any advice to keep these running?

I have the 536 running on my Computer for 2 Tone Detect on 1 static UHF Frequency. The audio comes in fine - and then suddenly it goes silent. You have to power cycle the 536 to regain audio on the computer input. I have tried using the Headphone jack as well as the rear Audio out. I run multiple feeds with 996xt, 396t, bct15x and have never seen anything similar.

If anyone has any other thoughts or similar experiences please share here.

Jason

ArvadaFire

Feed Provider
Thanks for the info. I have setup the favorites list after figuring out that I had to enable the Fire Tac channels for scanning. I am hoping that this will fix our issue.

I upgraded the firmware as well on both our units.

I'm guessing there is a bug with the hold feature that kills the audio after a set amount of time for some reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.