audio wave recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Ok what software are you using to record the waves that are used by the wave headers programs that are listed here ?

Please point me in the right direction and thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe they are refering to the headers that are associated with recordings created by the x36 scanners.

These scanners, when the recording function is turned on, will create files (in WAV format) and store them on the SD card for the scanner. These files, recordings of received transmissions, can then be transferred from the scanner to a computer.

The programs discussed elsewhere allow folks to look at the "header" data for each recording file. That data will have information including channel name/tag, system name/tag, department name/tag, etc.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I have checked my files and the program file for the 436 hp and do not see any recordings for the radios. Also checked the uniden folder as well. I do not see any wav files

Also checked the programming for the radio did not see how to turn on the recording for the file. Checked the discovery section as well

Please help thanks

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Try reading the sections of the manual pertaining to audio recording. Pages 22 and 54 in particular.

Then look here:
[Scanner drive letter]:\BCDx36HP\audio\user_rec

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
From the MarkScanners Easier to read manual:
Replay Options Your scanner Replay feature acts as an instant replay of the transmissions you’ve just heard. You can set how long a period Replay records for instant playback. This period can range from 30 seconds to 240 seconds (4 minutes). While you can replay any recording immediately and continue replaying it, you cannot save it for future listening.
You can also record transmissions. When you begin recording, your scanner adds the Replay recording buffer to the recording. These recording sessions are saved and can be replayed on demand. Recording has to be started every time you turn on the scanner. Rename and delete sessions through the Review Recordings submenu. You can also copy your recordings from the SD card to your computer in "Mass Storage Mode".
Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Dave, I did find the files on sd card and in the bcdx36 audio folder. I poised another question in the another x36reader post.

Is there any other spot I need to check ?

Thanks to Dave and all who help

Status
Not open for further replies.