Aurora Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora: E-470 at Quincy T/A with T-10 requesting immediate C/G and E-13's medic to assist immediatly when they arrive onscene.

O/F 123.075, 154.280, Aur-800, Online

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora U/D: L/G 72 off-scene headed to South cold off load with a 22 y/o female awake alert with normal vital signs and a poss elbow laceration.

Maybe the chopper needed excercise?

Jim<

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I heard this this call go down while coming home. You medical guys answer me this if you can. I no longer keep up on what hospital has what rating etc. But I know for sure that Aurora south is not much of a trauma hospital. Or am I wrong. So, it seems to me they called for the chopper because the hospitals that Aurora FD normally uses are quite a ways away from this call. Now let me think. Parker Adventist Hosipital was 10 minutes away down e470. Now wouldn't this be a better resourse since this patient was not that badly injuried since she went to south. An ambulance ride to Parker in my view would have been a better choice from both a resource and medical view. Does anyone agree with that? Maybe I am wrong. Maybe south is a better trauma hospital than Parker is I really don't know. So many you medical types on here can explain it better to me.

Oh but wait. If medic 107 would have transported to Parker then engine 13 would have been down on their medic for over an hour and would have status bls-3 and 10's and who knows who else would have to covered all their medical calls for them.

And lets not forget that Aurora cancelled Cunningham engine and medic 63 who were just about to the scene. I can understand cancelling the engine thats cool. But why cancel the medic and continue to wait on RM107 which took 6 or 7 minutes longer to get on scene.

I will never understand Aurora and I am glad I do not live in that city. Its bad enough that I have to drive through parts of it most days.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Politics is all I can say Dave, lots more offline, just listen you will hear similiar examples everyday.

TMCA is a Level II trauma center same as Universit and Littleton so there would be advantages to go there with a trauma patient over Parker Adventist but then again this gal appeared to not be injured.

Drive safe on E-470!

Just for trivia purposes: Do you know if you were stabbed or shot in the parking lots of either #1 University (level II) or #2 Central (level 1) both excellent trauma centers and EMS was called where you would be transported? How about from an accident scene on #3 Pena Blvd at Tower Road and you were really sick like bleeding into your belly and hypotensive? How about if the same accident happened a little #4 North of Pena in Commerce City or a little #5 South of Pena in Aurora would that change transport decisions? For those who monitor a lot bet they already know the answers and they often are NOT based on what would be the best choice for the patient.

Jim<

Last edited:

papaelk

jimmnn said:
Just for trivia purposes: Do you know if you were stabbed or shot in the parking lots of either University (level II) or Central (level 1) both excellent trauma centers and EMS was called where you would be transported? How about from an accident scene on Pena Blvd at Tower Road and you were really sick like bleeding into your belly and hypotensive? How about if the same accident happened a little North of Pena in Commerce City or a little South of Pena in Aurora would that change transport decisions? For those who monitor a lot bet they already know the answers and they often are NOT based on what would be the best choice for the patient.

Jim<

#1 =DGH ?

#2 = more than likely DGH again because its there med units

#3 = Most likely Central?

MikeyB

papaelk said:
#1 =DGH ?

#2 = more than likely DGH again because its there med units

#3 = Most likely Central?

My guess for 1 & 2 are the same - DGH

Northglenn Ambulance in CC likes to go to University, so I'll say University. Aurora would go to Aurora South, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.