Austin City Limits Music Festival 2023 - STA License

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

dc2wheel

I tried scanning the dozen or so output frequencies with a Radioddity GD-77 DMR radio in promiscuous mode and didn't hear anything. Would capacity+ normally result in no audio or garbled/encrypted sounding transmissions?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I tried scanning the dozen or so output frequencies with a Radioddity GD-77 DMR radio in promiscuous mode and didn't hear anything. Would capacity+ normally result in no audio or garbled/encrypted sounding transmissions?
How far away were you? If more than a mile away you probably won't hear anything, as with most music festivals and events using rental CAP+ systems.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
It could be they’re running encryption, or they’re running RAS which I think even in promiscuous mode, radios without the proper RAS key wouldn’t be able to listen (with the exception being scanners and SDR software).