Auto Store TGIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabelita

Hello All,

Does anyone know how or if it's possible to "auto store" talk group IDs for a system on a 396T? What I'm trying to do is let the ID's fill up on the scanner, download the system to the PC and use the software to edit them. The manual says to hold the existing channel, pres the "E" key, type in the ID and save. That means I have to sit and look at the display and try to save each one manually.

Thanks

steve_eg

There's a "Search and Store" feature on the 396 but it's just that-you don't get any audio, and it's only good for one system at a time. It'll "watch" a system, and store the TGIDs as they hit on the control channel in a group called "Found Channels"

Steve

wabelita

When I try to use the "Search for..." , "Search and Store" option, I keep getting the "Over Limit" display for the trunked system. The manual says I already stored too many systems. What does that mean? I only have 11 systems on the scanner, that can't be it.

wabelita

I have 11 IDs on that system. Ther aren't even 200 ID for all 11 systems on the scanner if you total them all up.

wabelita

Problem Solved

When the “Max Auto Store” setting is set to 256 (the maximum #) you get an "Over Limit" error when trying to Search and Store a trunked system. Set it to anything under 256 and it works. No mention of this in the owner's manual. It must be an undocumented feature!

W4UVV

Now you tell me

wabelita said:
Problem Solved

When the “Max Auto Store” setting is set to 256 (the maximum #) you get an "Over Limit" error when trying to Search and Store a trunked system. Set it to anything under 256 and it works. No mention of this in the owner's manual. It must be an undocumented feature!

I spent a week trying different programing options on the 996T to get Search and Store to work. I finally called tech help and after 1.5 hours of trying to get it to work, he kept getting the same "over limit" message I did. Common sense would dictate that a "global" memorandum or "lessons learned" or "known problems" reference book regarding this problem be made available to all Uniden tech help personnel.

See my post in this forum regarding this same problem.

N5PCX

steve_eg said:
Do you already have 200 TGIDs in the system that you're trying to "Search and Store" into? There is a 200 TGID limit per system.

Steve

How did you find out about the TGID limit of 200 per system? Is it in the manual?

Thanks
Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.