AZ DPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

etihparg

Premium Subscriber
I have been monitoring this system and have heard traffic on TG 1109 "ENFORCEMENT". Also, RR says this is a P25 Phase 1 system, but with all the frequencies in the 700mhz range you would think it's Phase 2.

KB7MIB

TG 1109 is the ADOT Enforcement and Compliance Division dispatch channel.
TG 1108 is their car-car channel.

These AZPOST certified peace officers man the ports of entry, helping to ensure that commercial truck traffic entering Arizona meets all applicable laws and regulations. They also conduct inspections of privately owned vehicles needing to be registered in Arizona, among other duties.

I've seen them driving around the Phoenix Valley. They drive white pickups or SUV's with black ADOT Enforcement markings.

They used to be part of the Motor Vehicle Division, but when the current director came in several years ago, he decided to separate them from the MVD, and put them in their own division under ADOT.

There are a couple of YouTube videos about them on ADOT's YouTube channel.

~~~~

As for 700 MHz and P25, the RWC in the Phoenix area is all 700 MHz, and only has maybe two handfuls of Phase II talkgroups in use or testing.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

There is quite a bit of Metro activity on AZWINS tonight.

TG 1055 Metro Central (New, was TG 1002)
TG 1058 Metro East (New, was TG 1003)
TG 1059 Metro West (New, was TG 1001)
TG 1060 Metro South

Metro East and Metro South, both AZWINS and conventional UHF, are being patched/multicasted. Unlike Phoenix FD A1/K1, there is no delay in the audio between UHF and AZWINS. It is simultaneous. (Edit: Earlier there was no delay. I just now heard a delay between UHF and AZWINS. More monitoring is needed to confirm one way or the other.)

I don't know why the TG's were reassigned, and moved so far up. It would have made more sense to me to keep the old ones as they were, and put Metro South on TG 1004. But, then again, I have OCD issues lol

John
Peoria

Last edited:

KB7MIB

Ok, now there is a delay in the audio between UHF and AZWINS. I don't know why there wasn't earlier.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.