AZWINS SILENT

etihparg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
106
Reaction score
21
Location
Gilbert, Arizona
Listening from Gilbert, SDS200. Been a while, but there is no radio traffic. Did DPS encrypt, or what am I missing?
 

etihparg

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 25, 2002
Messages
106
Reaction score
21
Location
Gilbert, Arizona
Are you receiving data from Thompson Peak, Stauffer Hall, or South Mountain? Have you tried ID Searching?
Programming using Sentinal. If nothing changed with AZWINS, it's a programming error on my side. I'll figure it out, but thanks
 

brcoz

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
162
Reaction score
32
Location
Florence, AZ
I am in Pinal county and tried Kevin Peak and Casa Grande Mountain. I didn't pick up any. I am in Florence near San Tan Valley. I am just listing to the 460 Frequency range. I don't hear as much as I did before.
 

K2RNI

Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
329
Reaction score
16
Location
Kingman, AZ
Probably just using the mobile terminals mainly for dispatch. I noticed lot of law enforcement agencies do that. Works better than encryption with less grief from public and leaves the radio more clear incase something urgent does happen.
 

DeoVindice

P25 Underground
Joined
Sep 27, 2019
Messages
729
Reaction score
906
Location
Deep Down
They plan to.

TDMA+E

The UHF channels are slowly fading out.
For a while, TDMA/AES talkgroups were carrying the same traffic as legacy FDMA talkgroups. That was likely a testing configuration and things reverted to FDMA-only operation; I assume there will be a cutover to TDMA/AES-only fairly soon. At the time I moved out of Arizona last month, UHF was still active in D9.
 

mbnv992

Also known as MT2000 man on Batlabs since 2001+
Joined
Apr 13, 2009
Messages
818
Reaction score
586
Location
AZ
East, West and Central are all still active on both UHF and AZ WINS as of today.
Not sure when the exact date to go fully “E” is I thought I read it was supposed to be towards the end of 2027 since they were still building out the AZWINS system.
 
Top