Background noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason69

Doesn't play well with others
Banned
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
-9
Location
Carthage, Tennessee
whenever there is a signal coming through, and someone is talking, i can hear noaa weather radio in the back. idk why?
 

kc2asb

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Messages
2,265
Reaction score
3,665
Location
NYC Area
whenever there is a signal coming through, and someone is talking, i can hear noaa weather radio in the back. idk why?
Is this happening on every channel you are monitoring and across bands (VHF, UHF, etc)? The intermod I would get from the weather broadcast was only happening on VHF high. For fun, I would try unplugging the antenna and putting the radio in weather mode. If you are able to pick up a weather broadcast with no antenna, you likely have a station in very close proximity to your location.
 
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,117
Reaction score
5,383
Location
Baltimore County, MD
If you are able to pick up a weather broadcast with no antenna, you likely have a station in very close proximity to your location.
I checked and I do not see a NOAA weather transmitter in Carthage. Mason69, are you close to a FM broadcast or TV station transmitter?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top