Baltimore County Police Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjsiemer

Are all of the Baltimore County Police Freqs encrypted? I have tried tuning to all of the listed freqs, but never any transmissions. If someone has one for the Wilkens district and has actually heard a transmission, please post it or PM me.

thanks

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What frequencies are you trying? They are on a trunked system - you don't tune in frequencies, you tune in their talkgroup.

hjsiemer

What frequencies are you trying? They are on a trunked system - you don't tune in frequencies, you tune in their talkgroup.

I have a VHF scanner (radio shack pro 38) that I bought at a yardsale for $45.00 and am using the frequencies from an old radio shack frequency book that came with the scanner that lists frequencies for baltimore county police in the 150-160mhz range.

If these frequencies are no longer in use, is there a website that broadcasts scanner transmissions as I cannot afford to purchase a $400.00+ scanner?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Won't work.

For live audio, I'd suggest a website called RadioReference.com :)

hjsiemer

An older analog trunktracker will cost a lot less than that, but the county is reportedly going to a digital system in 2011 - however, here are the live audio links from our database for the state...

Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com

Best regards..Mike

Thanks. I checked the link and the only listings for Baltimore County that I could find is for Baltimore County Fire. Is there another place that I should check for Baltimore County Police?

apd3190

you need to scroll down further to the trunked system information and click on Baltimore county public safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.