Band plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tell me if when downloading from freescan to program this scanner, do you have to set a band plan in order to scan the entity being programmed or will it still pick up signals if just set to ID search?? I cant find band plans and almost all APCO have programmed don't have band plans....have numerous multiple APCO without band plans programmed....Thanks for any help.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Without knowing the specific systems it is impossible to give a specific answer. Most P25 systems do not require that you enter a band plan, as the band plan is sent as part of the control channel data and is automatically programmed into the scanner when it receives the system.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FreeScan has always had that bandplan form there- Assaf never made it an option for those systems that need it. As UPMan says, in most cases, you can ignore it, particularly so for P25 systems.

Mike

ok.....got it.....I do program with freescan and do see where it automatically downloads band plan. for some of those there is no band plan such as adams county Pennsylvania so should still pick something up. I did get one error message when uploading but think it is due to a weather channel or something not important.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ok.....got it.....I do program with freescan and do see where it automatically downloads band plan. for some of those there is no band plan such as adams county Pennsylvania so should still pick something up. I did get one error message when uploading but think it is due to a weather channel or something not important.
If you are talking about this system in Adams County, Adams County Public Safety Trunking System, Gettysburg, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies
That's a P25 Phase II system, so the scanner will get the information required from the control channel data.

FreeSCAN does give some generic warnings about 'missing band plan', or weather settings, when writing to the scanner, but they are not critical & be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.