Banner Air ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stranger46

you're on guard
Premium Subscriber
I also heard Flight Com and a pilot today on 158.3175. I was receiving Flight Com with a full scale signal, and the pilot about half scale on the 396XT. This was at 16th St/McDowell, and that is by far the strongest signal from Flight Com I've gotten while driving around Phoenix. Could their transmitter be located at Banner University? Also, I still have not heard anything on 153.0575.
Upon further analysis, it is likely not at Banner University. Seems to have similar signal strength there to AirEvac’s White Tanks repeater.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
We also need some help from around the Payson area. I have heard Banner 2 on the White Tanks frequency when they are transporting patients from Payson to Phoenix hospitals. I assume since the helos are using VHF in the valley, they may also be using VHF around Payson. There are no Banner or Med-Trans VHF licenses that I could find around Payson, so if they are using VHF, they are either not licensed or using something licensed under another name or commercial provider.

jhhays

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know Banner Air Dispatch frequency and ship #'s Banner Air 4 is based in Casa Gande, and the other 3 are based out of Banner Ironwood in Queen Creek, Payson and Banner Del Webb in Sun City West (Native 20 is been moved John Lincoln Mountain)
Hi guys the helicopters are dispatched on the p25 pinal county system ems system. This is for our San tan and casa grande locations

GMAN1982

Updated Air Ambulance Bases Arizona:

AirEvac 1 Sky Harbor (neonatal/maternal ship)
AirEvac 4 MVMC Mesa
AirEvac 6 Eloy Airport
AirEvac 7 Pinto Valley Mine / Miami-Globe
AirEvac 12 Deer Valley Airport
AirEvac 17 Wickenburg Hospital
AirEvac 21 Safford Airport
AirEvac 22 Sierra Vista Airport
AirEvac 24 Canyon Vista Medical Center - Sierra Vista
AirEvac 32 Show Low

Bases that closed were:

AirEvac 5 Buckeye
AirEvac 8 Banner Ironwood
AirEvac 9 Casa Grande Airport
AirEvac 33 Banner Payson

Opening in Fall 2021

Flagstaff AZ base
Possible Tucson, AZ base

Native 1 Arizona General Hospital - Mesa
Native 4 Prescott
Native 6 Parker
Native 7 Payson Airport
Native 8 Lake Havasu City
Native 9 Summit Healthcare Show Low
Native 14 Prescott Valley
Native 20 JCLNM - Phoenix

Native 17 out of Kearny is closed. All fixed-wing bases were closed when AMC bought Omniflight. LG1, LG2, and LG3.
Native 3 & 5 out of Globe were closed.
Native 19 out of Springerville was closed.
Native 2 out of Chandler Regional closed.
Native 10 out of Casa Grande Airport was closed.

LifeNet 1 Florence
LifeNet 2 TMC - Tucson
LifeNet 6 Tubac Fire District
LifeNet 10 Safford (Hospital)

LifeNet 8 out of Willcox was closed.

Careflight 1 Bullhead City
Careflight 2 Parker
Careflight 6 Fort Mohave
Careflight 8 Quartzsite
Careflight 66 Kingman
Careflight 70 Yuma (FW)
Careflight 381 Gila Bend Clinic

Guardian Air Flagstaff
Guardian Air Cottonwood
Guardian Air Winslow
Guardian Air Kingman
Guardian Air Tuba City
Guardian Air Show Low (FW and RW)
Opening new base in Polacca AZ 2021

Classic 9 Fort Mohave
Classic 2 Page
Classic 3 Page
Classic 55 Page (FW)

Sunrise Operates a helicopter at Show Low and FW's in Safford and Show Low.

AeroCare Operates two Helicopters out of Yuma

AZ Lifeline

LL1 - St David helo
LL2 - Douglas Helo

Banner Air

Banner 1 Del Webb
Banner 2 Banner Payson
Banner 3 Banner Ironwood
Banner 4 (Formerly AZLL 4) Banner Casa Grande

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
I am a former dispatcher from Native Air if anyone has any questions. I still keep in close contact with my air ambulance friends.

Hi GMAN1982

My question is where did their radio traffic go.? A list of freqs and coverage areas would be great; unless they went SAT or to one of the cell based PTT providers....

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I have a few of the frequencies listed for Native from the database programmed into the 125AT and picking up regular noise that sounds like a trunked system 464.250 & 463.7875. When you click on the info for 464.250 it shows the licensee is R&M Repeater LLC. The R&M Repeater website shows that they operate both 800mhz & 450mhz LTR systems throughout the state. I am wondering if these frequencies as well as others are part of this 450Mhz LTR system. The RR database no longer lists C&M communications or the Saglot systems that I am guessing are part of this.

FCC Callsign KKU597 (R&M REPEATER LLC) (radioreference.com)
territory - c & m communications arizona (cmcommaz.com)

GMAN1982

Hi GMAN1982

My question is where did their radio traffic go.? A list of freqs and coverage areas would be great; unless they went SAT or to one of the cell based PTT providers....

I am not 100% sure about what happened with the radio traffic. When I was there we were still using the various repeaters depending on which area the aircraft was coming from. If we could not reach them, we would contact them by sat phone. The FW aircraft always used their sat phones for communication, and then we also flight followed with Sky connect. However, we still had to get position reports every 15 minutes, and aircraft were not supposed to call landing somewhere unless they were actually skids or wheels down. Pilots had the habit of calling landing when they were still a minute or so out. I don't think they realized we could see their altitude/speed etc with the tracking system.

On another note, AirEvac 8 reopened up in Oracle, AZ. Air Methods has transitioned their Western AZ bases into the Bell 407 as well. However, they still have a few of the old Careflight A119's that they use as spare aircraft when needed. Most have been sold off or parted out. Native actually did the same thing with some of the Astar's that they once had. Air Methods came in and brought some newer aircraft and different models for different bases as well. Seems they like the B407 for the high/hot temps on the western side of AZ, and they have a few B407 Eagle HP's that serve Show Low's Native 9 and Guardian's Angel 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.