• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Baofeng UV-25 PRO MAX Air Band

TAnderson

Feed Provider
Just got new Baofeng UV-17 PRO MAX Air Band
Also have latest legal programming software from Baofeng for this model...
Radio specs claim this Radio can be programmed (receive only) in the Air Band - 108-136Mhz
Software doesn't allow this...see attached screen shot.
When you program in (example) 120.7000Mhz SW claims frequency out of range...

Has anyone tried Chirp with this Radio?
Any programming tips to get frequencies in the Air Band programmed in?
Thanks
-pete

Baofeng-Missing-Air-Band.JPG

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Will it accept it if you set modulation to AM? Also the drop down for model number? Is that your model radio? See if the drop down has UV17Pro MAX.

TAnderson

Feed Provider
Thanks 737Mech. Just got email back from Ali Express...they said you can't use their SW to program in the AM frequencies...have to do it manually with buttons on the radio...I suppose it's worth looking at Chirp. My home/base Scanner can handle the frequencies for Naval Air Station Pensacola (home base Blue Angles) - it would be nice to have a hand held when I'm out and about. The Blues practice here twice a week before their next (fly to) weekend show...

737mech

Premium Subscriber
A really good handheld for what you are scanning would be the Uniden BC125AT. Free software and easy to program.

hill

Premium Subscriber
A really good handheld for what you are scanning would be the Uniden BC125AT.

Yes this scanner is great on mil air, but it stops at 380 mHz. One of the Blue Angels frequencies is in the 384 range. Above 380 was changed to mil land mobile, but a few legacy mil air frequencies are still used in this range.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Excellent point, I didn’t know blues were in the 380+ range. Looks like air to air 384.4 etc’. The BC125AT won’t do that. I still like the 125AT out here in Nevada. I can hear the Thunderbirds and Nellis AFB from my house. Off season they go up and practice over KINS. During Red Flag at Nellis there are dozens of guys along the BLVD with cameras and 125AT’s. Not much above 380 on the Nellis ranges, some but not much. There’s also a trunking system at Area 51 in the 380 range. Encrypted of course.

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber
I use Chirp for my Boafeng radios and it does fine for AM air band on my UV-5RM. Try to upload from the radio to the pc before you download to the radio, just to make sure it talks to each other correctly. Also be sure to select the correct radio and Serial Com port after you load the software program.