Barnes ANGB Airshow Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
I'm programming radios for the airshow next weekend. There's plenty of info on the aviation freqs for the base. My question is there any base freqs in digital modes like OPs, security, etc.? The freqs on the net are scarce and if there are some posted, they are very old. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

ecps92

I'm programming radios for the airshow next weekend. There's plenty of info on the aviation freqs for the base. My question is there any base freqs in digital modes like OPs, security, etc.? The freqs on the net are scarce and if there are some posted, they are very old. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Yes Reports from Barnes have been Scarce, but Yes some P25

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
Yes Reports from Barnes have been Scarce, but Yes some P25
Bill, Thanks. I did see that page and there are only these two freqs listed that are over ten years old. Any ideas if they are still in use?

----------snip-------------
163.4125N293Barnes ANG Base Ops2012.10.31 RR Report
173.5125SN293Barnes ANGB Undetermined use2010 SNE Report
-----------snip-------------

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I heard they are all ENC on the landmobile side (Police, Fire). No doubt MSP S-OPS will be in use along with 800 MHz I-Tacs.

jetcrafter

Premium Subscriber
I heard they are all ENC on the landmobile side (Police, Fire). No doubt MSP S-OPS will be in use along with 800 MHz I-Tacs.
Thanks. I was afraid of that. It explains why there is nothing on the frequency databases out there. Appreciate your reply.

ecps92

Bill, Thanks. I did see that page and there are only these two freqs listed that are over ten years old. Any ideas if they are still in use?

----------snip-------------
163.4125N293Barnes ANG Base Ops2012.10.31 RR Report
173.5125SN293Barnes ANGB Undetermined use2010 SNE Report
-----------snip-------------
Sadly, been so long since I was out there,

Was thinking maybe a Road trip for Friday see what I can find

ecps92

Yes! Sounds good. Bonus seeing the airshow media day practice as well! :)
Someone (thanks Kenny) mentioned since it is Friday that the Observation Deck might be open and parking there, gonna try that first
altho google says Closed Permenantly

cg

Premium Subscriber
4 months ago the airport Facebook page mentioned that it is open during business hours
I think the observation deck used to be affiliated with the restaurant. The burger place appears to have been replaced by a sushi bar.

ecps92

4 months ago the airport Facebook page mentioned that it is open during business hours
I think the observation deck used to be affiliated with the restaurant. The burger place appears to have been replaced by a sushi bar.
maybe that is why Google says closed, for the Burger place... Thanks Chris

Anyway, going to try that parking area, if anyone else is going, maybe we can find someplace else for Cooked Food :)

cg

Premium Subscriber
Air boss traffic on 123.525, monitoring activity now. Don't know if they use more than 1

ecps92

Air Boss is 120.5250 for Barnes 2023
just spent the morning searching out much of the Base Ops (sadly ENC) but the NAC is $340 for those who
find them in the 138-144/148/150.7 and 162-174 ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.