BART PD(talk groups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
I have two scanners a PSR 310 handheld and a PSR 400 in my truck. Both are programed the same from RR using the proper ARC software. I only selected the PD TG's on both scanners. The 310 works fine, only grabbing the PD TG's I want. The 400 in the truck gets the PD and all kinds of maintenance talk. I rechecked my ARC software and I only have the PD TG's checked. When it does lock onto one of these TG, it does not show an alpha tag(only numbers). When a PD TG locks on it shows the proper TG alpha tag(Such as Zone1 TAC).I have been locking out the TG's one by one as they come up, but there are a lot. What am I doing wrong?

kma371

QRT
Check to see if you are "searching" or "scanning" talkgroups.

Scanning them only scans your memory talkgroups.

Searching them listens for any active talkgroup.

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
When I use either scanner, I am scanning the bank(PSR-400) and with the 310 I am scanning my frequency list. Sounds like I need to review the settings of my truck mounted 400.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
See if one of the talkgroups in your PSR-400 says "ID:Wildcard", and delete it. That is the reason your scanner is stopping on every new talkgroup on the system (and just showing numbers), because the wildcard group on the GRE scanners acts like "ID Search Mode" and displays unknown talkgroup IDs that haven't been previously saved in your scanners memory.

Personally I think the train talkgroups are just as ineresting as BART PD though. :)

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
I didn't see anything come up as wildcard while scanning. I also did not see anything when I programed it with wildcard either. I'll have to keep searching. Some of the train yard chatter is neat, as they get ready to send trains out. Are the BART FD TG's what a local FD would use for a fire/ems call on a train?

berkeleycarlos

Premium Subscriber
So here are two shots of the ARC screens. One is my 400(the problem one) and the 310 which works perfect.

Attachments

• PSR 310.JPG
    PSR 310.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 272
  • PSR -400.JPG
    PSR -400.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 278
Status
Not open for further replies.