Basic programming for BCT15X

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpd019

I've been trying to manually program one conventional group of frequencies, and have the scanner only scan that group. It has been a complicated process so far. I don't have the need for a trunked system right now, so I don't want to use it.

It is set to Alabama Highway Patrol automatically, and I want to get rid of that screen.

If anyone can just give me basic instructions on what buttons to push, and how to only have one system on it right now. It would be greatly appreciated since I utilize this product for work.

BeerNutz

Premium Subscriber
You own a great scanner. For easy, simple or advanced programing, the freeware, "FreeScan" is available. To find out "what buttons to push" check out the "Easier To Read Manual" in the Wiki section for this radio.

nanZor

Great radio. You can refer to this to help get you up to speed, and I'll make some comments to get you through this quickly:

Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

If this were mine, I'd start out by wiping out the pre-programming to end up with a clean slate with a reset:

Hold 2+9+HOLD and powerup. When asked if you want to restore the preprogrammed list, say no - also the decimal point. Obviously, you will have a doorstop at this point. :)

Program in at least one Conventional SYSTEM.

Program in at least one GROUP under that new System. Even though the Uniden's allow for fine-grained group management with multiple groups within a system, you only need to have just one group programmed in for your purpose.

Program all your conventional channels under this group.

Optionally go back and rename this system and group to your liking. You could get fancy with quick-keys, but if you only have one system and one group active, I don't see the need. Just make sure that the system and group aren't locked out when you scan.

You could get fancy right from the start by defining your alpha tags, pl, delays etc for each channel if you wish, but I have a feeling you need to just pile a bunch of conventional freqs into a simple system (don't forget at least one group) and go to town!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.