Battery Guard, Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I currently run a power line from the car battery directly to a radio console power strip. I installed a Powerwerx ITS-12 Timer/LVD Battery Guard. This device would measure the voltage of the electrical system when the vehicle was running and when the ignition switch was turned off, sense the lower voltage level, start its timer and divorce power from whatever I was powering. It worked as advertised for almost a full year. I've gone thru 3 of them. The first died within the years warranty period and was replaced free of charge. The second one died just like the first and was also covered. The third one just reciently died within the warranty but I've had it with this device. It's time to try a competitors offering. I just haven't found anyone building something that does the same thing. Again, what I'm looking for senses when the ignition is turned off and stops power from going past itself to feed my console. When the ignition is turned back on, the device then allows the console to be powered. For a better description, the ITS-12 spec sheet spells it out. When it worked it worked great. But I have a problem with its longevity. I need a substitute-any ideas?

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Havis ChargeGuard. Don't even mess around with anything else. This is what I've been using for 6 years now, no issues. They're built for mission-critical vehicles.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I'm not OP, but for me personally I like the surge protection and the fact that I can program it to leave devices on for 15 minutes (or whatever) after the ignition is turned off without draining the battery.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A power-off delay also allows scanners to be shut down gracefully without corrupting the SD card (which can happen if the scanner abruptly loses power).

sfd119

Third ChargeGuard. I use it in my truck. Have been for almost ten years and nothing wrong with it. Still works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.