Bc-246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbelback

Will a bc-246T work on montgomery county's system? im tryin to setup the database and cant find a place to set it to type III system. All info i find says the 246 is a Type II.. anyone have any info?
Thanks

n3ncn

"cant find a place to set it to type III system"
Look again Mont. Co Is a Type II system.
Montgomery County
Motorola Type II SmartZone

Last edited:

nbelback

found that right after i sent the msg. now im having problems programming it. i got all the tgid's in and the control freqs.. but all i hear is the digital when the id shows up on the display. no audio.. i already have a pro-96 that was alot easier to program.

nbelback

thanks. i had a feeling it wouldnt do it. its a friends scanner from my station. Im not a big fan on the uniden programming software. hmmm.. ok.. he said it did digital. but now that i looked you are right.. thank you for your help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Mark is quite right - the only models that will work with the Montgomery county system are as follows - and we have Wiki pages on each of these models, so you can do your research right from here...

Handhelds (RS) PRO-96
(Uniden) BC296D (discontinued), BCD396T
Base/Mobiles (RS) PRO-2096
(Uniden) BCD996, BC796D(discontinued)

The Uniden BC250 and 785 will do digital only with an optional card (BC25i) - which is getting harder and harder to find. These 2 radios will not be supported by Uniden when rebanding finally happens, so I would avoid these 2 radios for hearing 800 Mhz Moto digital systems.

The SC230, BC246, BR330T, and BCD15 will not work with digital systems. Neither will the RS PRO-97 or 2055.

73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.