BC 346XT Programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

redman410

Premium Subscriber
Just got a new BC 346XT never knew about new type programing. Cable for 9 pin to scaner came with it, my pc dose not have a nine pin conector. Went and bought a nine pin to usb port adaptor and still cannot get it to conect with scanner. I saw a post with this problem and tryed it with no luck, keep getting the serial port is not available or used by outher software message. Tryed on another pc with same resultes, dose the nine pin to usb cable have to be from Uniden? Any help would be nice, I dont have much hair left!

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
We need more information. What computer type and O/S are you using? If it's any kind of Mac you are probably out of luck. If it's some kind of PC is it 32 bit or 64 bit? And are you running Windows and if so what version, or Linux/BSD?

scanningisfun

Just got a new BC 346XT never knew about new type programing. Cable for 9 pin to scaner came with it, my pc dose not have a nine pin conector. Went and bought a nine pin to usb port adaptor and still cannot get it to conect with scanner. I saw a post with this problem and tryed it with no luck, keep getting the serial port is not available or used by outher software message. Tryed on another pc with same resultes, dose the nine pin to usb cable have to be from Uniden? Any help would be nice, I dont have much hair left!

Have you installed the drivers for your serial to usb cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.