BC-396: How to read radio systems and save?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
I have been using the Uniden UASD software for many months now, but I can't figure out how to read the changes and additions I put in my radio, and save them to my system files. I think I had it figured out once, but I sure can't find the magic path now. Thanks for any help!

cristisphoto

You have to go where the you write your dat to scanner
well in there there and Save
When you save your data it pulls what you have in your scanner and configures from that...
ALso,
Anohter EASIER way to do all this would be Backup your sys files or copy/and/or cut and place them in a DIFFERENT FOLDER...
Then save and your emptied Sys folder will be full of what the scanner has
Understand???
I dont know how else to explain it really...
You just have to try and error
Crista

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Click on "CONNECT TO SCANNER"
Once UASD finishes reading the contents of the scanner, click on SAVE.

cristisphoto

YEs thank you thats whatt I left out and or was trying to say LOL
Gish
Anywyas,
Warm regards
Crista

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
OK, I went to <Scanner View>, connected, and saved. I finally found my quick save stuff - I wasn't finding what I was looking for due to some duplication in my systems. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Curt,

That is a problem IMHO with the scanner design. I live with it and avoid it by making sure that when I edit a system (on the PC) and then upload just that system, I first delete the current copy on the radio.

It seems like a simple "duh" to me, that you should not be able to have identically named systems in the radio at the same time, but that is just me. At the minimum the radio ought to announce that there is a system with that name in it before allowing you to upload it. It is one of the few things that are a minor irritation with this radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.