BC125AT Frequency Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwigen

Hello all. Looking at getting a BC125AT, but I do have a frequency question. I was comparing it to the European version (UBC125XLT) and the UBC has a little greater frequency coverage at the upper end (806-960 MHz) that the US version doesn't. Can the BC be reprogrammed to add that extra coverage? Do I need it (seems like anything extra would be a good thing)? Any constructive thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

dmg1969

I have a BC125AT and it is a nice analog, non-trunking scanner. I do not know about the differences between it and its European counterpart. However, any changes to the actual scanner programming would come from Uniden itself (through a firmware upgrade) and I seriously doubt that would ever happen. If there was a need for coverage higher than 960 MHz, it would be enabled on the BC125AT.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_6 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B651 Safari/9537.53)

Likely related to US regulatory compliance with ECPA 1986.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
You didn't say where you are from, but as one person already said, this is an analog, non trunking scanner. If you are looking for police and/or fire, as well as many other areas, this scanner will not do it.

Greg

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
You didn't say where you are from, but as one person already said, this is an analog, non trunking scanner. If you are looking for police and/or fire, as well as many other areas, this scanner will not do it.

Greg

But it'll do everything else! It's a great non trunking analog scanner.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I have a Uniden 296..or 246... (or something like that). Small, compact, but is also a handy little scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.