Bc396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblatman

So.... I hate to ask the obvious NOOB question, but I've had a 396XT for a while. I've got a memory/access question. I've read through the Wiki and manual, and I'm not clear on this point.

I'd like to use this as a scanner in several different areas (PA, MD, DE, and possibly others), and on top of that, I'd like to be able to select PD / FD separately.

I know how to set up Quick Keys in FreeScan, but that only seems to give me 10 options. Is there any option to give me more field-adjustable control of what groups I'm scanning?

Thank you,

Jon

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can set a system/site quick key to any of 100 values (0-9, 10-99).

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I know how to set up Quick Keys in FreeScan, but that only seems to give me 10 options. Is there any option to give me more field-adjustable control of what groups I'm scanning?

System Quick Keys can be anything from 0-99, Group Quick Keys can only be 0-9.

In your original question, each state or area would be a different System Quick Key (0-99) and then PD, FD, etc would be a different Group Quick Key (0-9).

Mike

jkahn

Very good looking Member
Premium Subscriber

In your original question, each state or area would be a different System Quick Key (0-99) and then PD, FD, etc would be a different Group Quick Key (0-9).

Mike

To take this one step further, by example: I have my local MD systems in QK 1-10 (Uniden 0-9!) like:
MontgCo=1, with fire as GK 1,&2; PD as GK3&4, ParkPD GK5, etc
Other MD Counties are QK 11-20
Virginia systems are QK 21-40
Airports (there are 3 Major) are QK 81=Dulles conventional, 82=Reagan conventional, 83=BWI-Marshall and 84=Metro Wash Airport Auth Trunked system

I use 41-79 for when I travel out of the area.
I hope this helps .....we were all newbies once, until we asked the right questions!

JK :)

jblatman

Mike
So each system can have several group keys assigned?

How do you switch systems?

W6KRU

So each system can have several group keys assigned?

How do you switch systems?

Yes, a system can have multiple group quick keys assigned but only one system/site quick key. System/site quick keys are used to enable/disable systems, not group quick keys. Group quick keys enable/disable groups of frequencies/talkgroups in a system.
Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.