Bc436hp trunk question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt9638

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys

I have set up my scanner, everything is working well, except one thing. My trunk it's are in but when they scan it just says "id searching". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Hey guys

I have set up my scanner, everything is working well, except one thing. My trunk it's are in but when they scan it just says "id searching". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

That is what the scanner's say when scanning. Do you have strong signal and have you heard things coming out of the scanner before?

Give us a little more information please.

Matt9638

Premium Subscriber
I hear all my channels. The only thing I do not hear is the trunk system channel. It is fire ems westchester ny. This was cloned from a uniden scanner bcd996xt using butel. When I select the system and manually go through I see the channels but when scanning it just says id searching and don't hear anything.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I hear all my channels. The only thing I do not hear is the trunk system channel. It is fire ems westchester ny. This was cloned from a uniden scanner bcd996xt using butel. When I select the system and manually go through I see the channels but when scanning it just says id searching and don't hear anything.

Westchester County UHF Trunked System Trunking System, Westchester County, New York - Scanner Frequencies This one here?

When you say cloned from the bcd99xt using Butel I think that might be the issue. I by no means know anything related to that software. Someone else might be able to correct me if I am wrong here.

The HP units use a file system of hpe. If the scanner you cloned from does not use this format then you can try to manually enter them from the database and delete whatever is not needed to scan.

If the Butel software just transferred the channels over you might want to double check that the correct control channels is being used and scanned.

Everything looks to be running in analog mode for your departments so encryption is not the issue and nothing has been change in the DB since February 2013. So, I think it is a issue of needing to delete and start over just for that system.

bama9999

When the scanner says ID Searching, that means that it is set to hear all talkgroups on the system, even ones that you do not already have programmed. When it says ID Scan, it will only receive the talkgroups that you have programmed. You scan change it in the radio itself or in Sentinel.

I believe Dafe1er is correct in what he told you. The 436 memory structure is different than the 996XT's, and something is quite possibly not matching up during your cloning process.

ks_scan

Premium Subscriber
Be careful with the import in Butel from ARC-XT to ARC536. When I tried it, it did not bring everything over. Some systems missed frequencies while others missed Talkgroups. Be sure it's all there.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am using a spread sheet to arrange what I want to listen to. I am also using a 436hp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.