BCD160DN/BCD260DN: BCD160DN Frequency Loading Question

plreardon

This is a final follow-up to programming my new BCD160DN scanner. I was trying to figure out a way to move nearly 500 frequencies from a BC125AT into the BCD160DN. I took Ronaldski's recommendation and it worked just fine. I did the following:

1. Downloaded Uniden's BC125AT programming software and loaded my BC125AT frequencies.
2. Copy / pasted the frequency identification and actual frequency columns into a Excel spreadsheet.
3. Set up an excel spreadsheet for each of the 10 banks (a very simple cut and paste).
4. Downloaded Uniden's BCD160DN programming software.
5. Copy / pasted the Excel spreadsheet frequency identification and actual frequencies into each of the 10 banks.
6. Saved the file....I set this all up before receiving the BCD160DN.
7. Connected the new BCD160DN to Uniden's software and loaded the frequency file.

All told, maybe 30 minutes total to do the above. Much, much better than manually loading all of the frequencies.

I appreciate everyone's input, especially Ronaldski's!

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
i programmed it with proscan and it worked one question when it stop on a freq there is no sound what next
Do you get sound on that freq when not using ProScan? I assume your talking about a Uniden BCD160 correct?

kg4ehv

Got my BCN260DN in the mail y'day. Had programming ready to go and up and running in 5 minutes. I'm really liking this scanner. It is a hot receiver, I have the squelch at 5 and still getting four states traffic. Overall very pleased with it.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Got my BCN260DN in the mail y'day. Had programming ready to go and up and running in 5 minutes. I'm really liking this scanner. It is a hot receiver, I have the squelch at 5 and still getting four states traffic. Overall very pleased with it.
Sounds like you have been into scanning for a while, what’s your main interest in scanning?