BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD325P2 and manual programming????

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if this radio can be programmed manually similarly to the 125? Not looking to add any trunking stuff to it at this point.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Alpha tags make programming software worth it even on conventional channels.
I agree! You will wear out the scroll knob on your radio selecting characters for alpha tags. It is so much faster and easier typing them in directly from your computer keyboard. Also, there is far less of a chance of programming errors. You will be able to view everything at a glance rather than being buried in scanner menus. For your scanner, you can use FreeSCAN if not using DMR or NXDN and it is FREE! For DMR or NXDN. you will need ARC XT or ProScan. Both have a free trial period to decide which one you like better. I use Butel ARC XT Basic to program my BCD325P2 and BCD996P2. The Pro version adds virtual control and logging.

RobDLG

The BCD325P2 was my first trunking scanner, and I've manually programmed Conventional, EDACS Standard, and P25 systems.

Programming these systems was straightforward, though tedious. Learning to program, on the other hand, was difficult, mostly due to the Uniden documentation, which I concluded that, by itself, was insufficient. At the very least, one should have the scanner in hand while reading the manual.

I later programmed a BCT15X. The menus on this radio are almost identical to that of the '325P2, and I found that the examples in the online manual would have been helpful when I was initially learning the process.

ve1sef

There are also several Youtube videos on programming the 996P2/325P2

Bob1955

Just wondering if this radio can be programmed manually similarly to the 125? Not looking to add any trunking stuff to it at this point.
Gymbag- The Uniden Bearcat BC-325P2 is a great handheld scanner providing you get rid of the stock antenna and purchase a Diamond RH-77CA or a Remtronix depending upon what band you want to monitor.
Secondly, get rid of those OEM (2) AA batteries that came with it and buy Panasonic Enloop batteries with a separate outside of scanner charger.
Have a nice mid-Sunday afternoon.