BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD325P2 CONNECTION ISSUE

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone;
I am a real newbie to this.
I am having an issue connecting my Uniden BCD325P2 scanner to my computer. I am using Windows 10 on a laptop with a docking station.

My issue is my scanner is not being recognized by the programming software and I cannot establish communications between my BCD325P2 and ACR-XT PRO. When I go in and look at the USB port in Device Driver the scanner is not visible.

Would someone out there point me in the right direction to help resolve this issue. I’m sure it’s an easy correction, but I have spent two days working it and I can’t resolve it.

Thanks for your help.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Do all of the USB ports work on the docking station? What happens if you connect the scanner directly to the laptop's USB ports?

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
Do all of the USB ports work on the docking station? What happens if you connect the scanner directly to the laptop's USB ports?
Yes, all the USB ports work and the same thing happens when I connect the scanner directly to the computer. Is the cable that comes with the scanner identical to the Uniden Programming Cable?

tvengr

Well Known Member
Welcome to the Radio Reference forums! Did you install the driver for the scanner? I am in northern Baltimore County and have ARC XT files for Baltimore County, Baltimore City, and all of the surrounding counties which I would be happy to share with you. Please let me know what you would like to monitor.

Attachments

• uniden_usbser.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
I truly appreciate the offer. Really. I have RR and i believe I can generate the files to load. But, the driver I do not have. Worse, now I have the driver thanks to you. I don’t know how to load it…sad to say.
I work with very sophisticated electronic equipment, but I have no skill in making it work. That’s mostly why airplanes have redundant systems…. Not really, but I like to think like that.

I will mostly be monitoring aviation channels BWI, IAD, DCA, MTN, W48 , FBOs, CAP and MD AIR GUARD.

That’s primarily where my interests are.

Your help is truly appreciated. Thank you.
So you know, I will be out of touch Saturday afternoon to Tuesday. Just want you to know in case there is a long time in me getting back to you.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Worse, now I have the driver thanks to you. I don’t know how to load it…sad to say.

Here are instructions for installing the driver.
From: https://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD996P2

Serial Drivers for USB

If you are having problems installing the drivers, see the following general instructions (some steps might differ slightly, depending on your specific operating system).​
  1. Download and unzip the above driver.
  2. Plug in the scanner using a USB cable.
  3. Right click on the Windows Launch icon (bottom left corner) and select "Device Manager."
  4. The device shows up with a yellow triangle.
  5. Right click on device and select "Update Driver Software."
  6. Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software."
  7. Navigate to the folder where you have unzipped the above driver.
The driver installed and is assigned as: Uniden Serial Port (COMx)​

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
Thank you.
So when I do that, in the Device Manager, there is no yellow triangle. When I scan the Device Manager for hardware changes, nothing changes.
When I turn the scanner on another USB Serial Device (COM6) is added to the list of Ports (COM & LPT). I’m thinking that’s the scanner ?
I think the process at that point is to uninstall the driver for COM6 and install the uniden_usbser unzipped file and it will see the scanner.
Am I right in this assumption?

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
SUCCESS😃
The scanner is connected to the computer and it does read the scanner and the “BROWSER” Section of the ARC-XT PRO screen is populated with what is on the scanner.

THANK YOU EVERYONE THAT HAS PROVIDED ASSISTANCE TO ME IN THIS PROJECT. IT IS APPRECIATED AS ARE YOU!

tvengr

Well Known Member
I will mostly be monitoring aviation channels BWI, IAD, DCA, MTN, W48 , FBOs, CAP and MD AIR GUARD.
A good source for up to date airport frequencies is AirNav. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. Print it out and save it for your reference. Info in the manuals is a little sparse.

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 1

Airbss9

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I am very familiar with AirNav.
I will print out the pdf. I am sure it will help. Thank you for sending along.