BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD325P2 help with FreeScan

letz_go_ride

Premium Subscriber
I have the BCD325P2 scanner and I'm trying my best to import the Cobb Co Georgia P25 frequencies into my device. I've done this for years, but when something upgraded and I had to get this scanner I just can't seem to make it work. I'm using FreeScan to import directly from RR, but again, something isn't working. Is there some sort of upgrade I need to do w/ my device? I'd welcome any tips or help and would greatly appreciate it.

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I just read from another thread that they were having issues with Proscan and other software as well. Sounds like the server for RR is down at the moment, so your best bet is to try later on.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I've done this for years, but when something upgraded and I had to get this scanner I just can't seem to make it work. I'm using FreeScan to import directly from RR, but again, something isn't working. Is there some sort of upgrade I need to do w/ my device?

The connection issue seems resolved as Freescan, Proscan and Sentinel are working right now. What agency are you trying to download? I did both Cobb conventional and trunked.

1712088081472.png

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Freescan, Proscan and Sentinel are working fine. What agency are you trying to download? I did both Cobb conventional and trunked.

The RR import data was not available for a while, it appears to be fixed now, check this thread:

letz_go_ride

Premium Subscriber
1712088081472-png.159503

Thanks for the help... in reference to the above photo, I'm not sure I understand all of the sites listed under the "sites & groups". If I'm only interested in the Cobb County channels, do I need to import all of the other silmulcast locations? Or would just the Cobb County simulcast do the trick?

tvengr

Well Known Member
The Cobb County sites are all that are needed for Cobb County. The Simulcast site will carry all of the traffic. The Jail site will probably be used only in the immediate area of the jail.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Give this FreeSCAN Cobb County file a try. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Save any files you may have in your scanner. The first file will be your programming file. The second PDF file will answer all of your questions about using quick keys. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN. Connect your computer to the scanner with the USB cable. Go to the Scanner tab in FreeSCAN and click on Upload Programming. Select Erase All Systems & Settings (In red). Click on Start Upload. Quick keys as follows:

SYSTEM QUICK KEYS:
1. CobbCo Simulcast (Site)
2. CobbCo Jail Int (Site)
GROUP QUICK KEYS:
1. CobbCo Services
2. CobbCo WaterDept
3. CobbCo Transit
4. System Interop
5. CobbCo Emerg Ops
6. CobbCo Fire/EMS
6. Smyrna Fire/EMS
7. CobbCo Hospitals
8. CobbCo Sheriff
8. CobbCo Police
8. Acworth Police
8. Austell Police
8. Kennesaw Police
8. Marietta Police
8. PowderSprings PD
8. Smyrna Police
9. Kennesaw St Univ
9. Life Univ Police
0. GA State Patrol

You may want to adjust the P25 Threshold for best decode on your system.

Attachments

• Cobb Co GA FS.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 0