BCD325P2 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlhabeck

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I am trying to program a Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 in Sawyer County, Wisconsin. All I want to do is monitor police and other municipal frequencies. I’m using the RadioReference database with Freescan. I am getting error messages:
(1)Caution: Possible issue sending bandplan
(2) Unable to set WX
(3) No Apco band plan available for Hayward.
After programming the radio has “ID search” scrolling across the tiny screen, but doesn’t seem to be acquiring any signals. I’m really not sure if Freescan even supports this radio. Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Karl.

C

cebowman

Freescan works with BCD325P2,
It appears Sawyer County, Wisconsin, Police and Other Municipal are on TGIDS/Channels on the Wiscom Statewide System Wisconsin Interoperable System for Communications (WISCOM) Trunking System, Statewide, Wisconsin - Scanner Frequencies (digital TRS) the other frequencies/channels you may have been trying to use are from this page Sawyer County, Wisconsin (WI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference (Conventional) which maybe deprecated. Program the Phase 1 System as a P25 Standard in Freescan

The Weather Priority error, that will always show, with FREESCAN.

Dynamic Memory Architecture - The RadioReference Wiki
BCD325P2 - The RadioReference Wiki
Uniden Multi-Site Trunking - The RadioReference Wiki

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Well, almost...FreeScan won't handle DMR or ProVoice programming on the P2 scanners. These are available via a firmware upgrade.

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
karl, if you have set up groups to house your talkgroups, and set up all the necessary quick keys, you should be good to go. You can change from ID Search to ID Scan either via the keyboard (press FUNC and SCAN/SRCH while scanning the system), or change the option in FreeScan and replace (don't add) the system.

If all of that sounded greek, this article is for you. It gives you links to just about everything you need to know, including the Easier to Read manual for that radio, which is linked at the bottom of...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

karlhabeck

Premium Subscriber
I did as you said, the radio is doing the "ID SCAN" across the screen, but I have yet to receive a transmission. I'll see what happens... Thanks for the input.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The best way for us to see what you are doing is to take your .996 file (that's the file ext FreeScan uses), zip it up using WinZip, the freeware 7-Zip or other zip utilities, then attach it to the message. That way others can see what you have done and hopefully diagnose the issue

This is, of course, assuming that you actually live in or near Sawyer county...Mike

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You might raise a question in the Wisconsin forum about what is used in Sawyer county. As in the Wiscom system only, the conventional system(s) or some mixture.

Also, if you have programmed all of the sites for the Wiscom system, rather than just those in your area (Sawyer County and adjacent counties), your scanner may be spending a lot of time trying to receive sites too far away to receive. Sawyer county communications could be happening while your scanner is attempting to receive Green Bay, Madison, Milwakee, etc, sites.

marksmith

I did as you said, the radio is doing the "ID SCAN" across the screen, but I have yet to receive a transmission. I'll see what happens... Thanks for the input.
The Wisconsin system is way to large to add to a 325p2, which can handle 500 records. You must pick one local site off this huge system that is near you.

Then add talkgroups of intetest.

ID Scan would then work. It is hard to tell what you are loading if you are just loading this system, since it is running out of memory for a single system about 2 % into the load.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Status
Not open for further replies.