BCD325P2 programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanBud

I am trying to program my scanner by way of desktop computer with no luck, any suggestions?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Uniden doesn’t provide a programming software for the BCD325P2. I use Butel’s ARC PRO software for that scanner. There are others out there also...

If you go to the Butel website they list what program to use for the various models.

any suggestions?
I use FREEScan to program my 325P2.

It's FREE

Also, here is an "Easier to Read" manual to help you program your scanner:

Enjoy!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber

It's FREE

Enjoy!
Did you have to subscribe to RR to download into the FreeScan software?

StanBud

Uniden doesn’t provide a programming software for the BCD325P2. I use Butel’s ARC PRO software for that scanner. There are others out there also...

If you go to the Butel website they list what program to use for the various models.
I have

i have the xt pro and still having issues. I am m,missing something minor to keep me from programming it.

StanBud

It's FREE

Enjoy!
Thanks for your help. I was able to get most of what I need programmed. I am still trying to find the right input for Iowa State Patrol since it is P25 now getting right settings is a must.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While you have to be an RR Premium Subscriber, in order to do downloads directly from the database into your software, no matter which program you use, FreeSCAN's EZ-Grab, as Doc noted, works and needs no subscription.

However, since the OP is a Premium Subscriber, he can use the import function of FreeSCAN, ARC-XT, or ProScan.
i have the xt pro and still having issues. I am m,missing something minor to keep me from programming it.
I'd suggest that you try ProScan. It also supports the web import, and has features that the basic version or ARC-XT does not. ProScan supports multiple models of Uniden scanners. ProScan also has a thirty day trial period, with all features enabled. After 30 days, you would need to either purchase a license for the software, or discontinue use.

I am trying to program my scanner by way of desktop computer with no luck, any suggestions?
Without knowing your location (city, or county, and state), and also which system is giving you problems, it's impossible to tell for sure if your problem is the programming, your scanner, or the system you are trying to monitor. If the system, and site being used, is simulcast, then it might not be a matter of incorrect programming. Instead, simulcast distortion might be the real issue.

Let us know your location, and which system. If the problem turns out to be a programming problem with ARC-XT, then you might be better aided if you request that your thread be moved to the software forum. But first, advise your location & the system. A link to the system in the database would also be helpful. I would suggest you provide those details before trying to resolve solely with the software you are currently using.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have ARC-XT also. Are you able to write to the scanner? Please let me know what system or systems are giving you problems. If you attach the file or files, I will check for any errors. What is your location (city, county, state)?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I used EZGRAB in Freescan.

No Subscription required. :LOL:

Here's the FREEScan User Guide

If a subscription for RR Is NOT required, maybe you can explain this excerpt I copied from the URL you provided;

A paid subscription to RadioReference is required to use the following features:
RadioReference Conventional
RadioReference Trunked

Is FreeScan. providing a database of their own for free? Is it as large a database as RR? Or do they link to RR and provide the download ability for free?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If a subscription for RR Is NOT required, maybe you can explain this excerpt I copied from the URL you provided;

A paid subscription to RadioReference is required to use the following features:
RadioReference Conventional
RadioReference Trunked

Is FreeScan. providing a database of their own for free? Is it as large a database as RR? Or do they link to RR and provide the download ability for free?
No.

EZ-Grab is a tool to capture data that is listed elsewhere, be it a web page, spreadsheet, or table. There is no download of frequencies or talkgroups or any other information from RadioReference or elsewhere.

You copy it to the clipboard, then use EZ-Grab to specify what piece of information goes where. It is not a true download from RadioRerence or anywhere else. It is simply capturing information from another source, and providing a way to paste it into specific fields of a programing file.

cg

Premium Subscriber
ProScan has a similar feature to import and manipulate clipboard information.

chris

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
No.

EZ-Grab is a tool to capture data that is listed elsewhere, be it a web page, spreadsheet, or table. There is no download of frequencies or talkgroups or any other information from RadioReference or elsewhere.

You copy it to the clipboard, then use EZ-Grab to specify what piece of information goes where. It is not a true download from RadioRerence or anywhere else. It is simply capturing information from another source, and providing a way to paste it into specific fields of a programing file.
Ok. Thanks for the background. I have used the Butel software for years as has the “Scanner Guys” from Scanner Master. So I subscribed early. The cost is very reasonable. RR still allows free access to their database without the download feature offered by the Butel software. If you take a screenshot of the Butel data, can EZ-Grab use that to compile a favorites list that can then be introduced into FreeScan or other similar programs?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ok. Thanks for the background. I have used the Butel software for years as has the “Scanner Guys” from Scanner Master. So I subscribed early. The cost is very reasonable. RR still allows free access to their database without the download feature offered by the Butel software. If you take a screenshot of the Butel data, can EZ-Grab use that to compile a favorites list that can then be introduced into FreeScan or other similar programs?
It would not pick it up from a 'screenshot', since that is a photo. However, if it was pasted in a text format (text file, spreadsheet, or table format), where you could selectively pick out the data to use, and copy it to the Windows clipboard, you could 'grab' it from there. I don't have the Butel software to try it, but I can "EZ-Grab" from Sentinel if need be.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
It would not pick it up from a 'screenshot', since that is a photo. However, if it was pasted in a text format (text file, spreadsheet, or table format), where you could selectively pick out the data to use, and copy it to the Windows clipboard, you could 'grab' it from there. I don't have the Butel software to try it, but I can "EZ-Grab" from Sentinel if need be.
You don’t need the Butel software. Grab it from the RR site. Wouldn’t that work?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I wasn’t asking for myself. I’m not the one who started this thread. I was just wondering if you had thought of grabbing it from the free side of RR with that EZ-Grab program. I was telling you you don’t need a copy of the Butel software. Since you were the one who suggested it, You try it... I don’t need to... already got my process.

Status
Not open for further replies.