BCD325P2 Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
I have a very interesting situation that I'm working through. Got a BCD325P2 the other day and it not surprisingly has issues with one Simulcast system.

I have a two story house and I live basically in the Croatan National Forest. If I go upstairs and set the P25 Manual Threshold to 7, P25 Low Pass Filter to On, and AGC On then I get almost perfect reception on the system in question.

If I go downstairs Threshold 7 doesn't work but 6 does but it's choppy. It's obviously an elevation thing. I bought the 325 to put in the man shed which is of course 1 story. I want it out there so my SDS100 is not out there since it's more expensive and I want it kept pristine.

Somewhere around here I have a small 700-800 MHz antenna and I may stick it up a few feet over the gable on the shed. That of course ties the scanner to one spot in the man shed and I kind of wanted to bring it in and out of the shed, not pop a cable on and off all the time. But it is what it is.

I am happy though that I was able to figure out some settings to defeat the Simulcast issue. Lot of trial and error and maybe more to come when I set up in the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.