BCD325P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grayline

How do you remove a Freq from the Scanner on the fly easily?
I hate to keep L/O every time ... This Catalog of a users manual Says how to complete But I must not be Holding My mouth Right...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If you do a double press L/O (pressing the button twice) it will cause the channel to be permanently locked out. (It can be recovered later via programming)

You probably pressed L/O once, which is a temporary lockout of the channel. That temporary lockout gets undone when the scanner is powered down. When the scanner is powered up again, the channel is restored.

Grayline

You will enjoy your scanner a lot more if you read the manual.

You are correct I surfed thru the PDF Manual somewhat but the terminology and meanings Baffle me .
Like ...DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode and Recode. DMR Programming. IFX, IGR's What the Heck??
I Read the Manual to be able to put Frequencies into channels Still haven't figured that out yet after hours of reading..

shadcall

You are correct I surfed thru the PDF Manual somewhat but the terminology and meanings Baffle me .
Like ...DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode and Recode. DMR Programming. IFX, IGR's What the Heck??
I Read the Manual to be able to put Frequencies into channels Still haven't figured that out yet after hours of reading..

You might want to consider buying software to assist you in entering frequencies. There are at least two programs available for you scanner, ARC XT by Butel and Proscan. With the cable you received with your scanner, the software program, and a premium subscription to Radio Reference you can easily program your scanner. Both ARC XT and Proscan offer free, 30 day trials to allow you to see which one works better.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There is a lot of good information in the RR Wiki. For example: Scanning 101 - The RadioReference Wiki

Also there are many YouTube videos on scanning.

If a scanner manual was to go into all the nuances of what certain things are, the manual would probably be very cumbersome. Its kind of like the owner's manual for a car. There is a presumption that the buyer knows how to drive.

You can also Google specific terms to learn more about the subject, probably ad nauseum.

awd

You might want to consider buying software to assist you in entering frequencies. There are at least two programs available for you scanner, ARC XT by Butel and Proscan. With the cable you received with your scanner, the software program, and a premium subscription to Radio Reference you can easily program your scanner. Both ARC XT and Proscan offer free, 30 day trials to allow you to see which one works better.

I use Freescan for my 325 which is 100% free. I can't speak to how it performs vs. ARC XT or Proscan, but I've found it easy to use to do a custom program. Also offers RR integration.

Grayline

Yeah I signed up with proscan and bought the package as well as a premium member on RR so I dont have to worry about roadblocks due to dues. Thanks for the info.
Still trying to figure out this phase II technology

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
By hand when you stop on a freqy press "E", then turn scroll nob to "delete freqy" and press "E" again and she GONE....

Status
Not open for further replies.