BCD396XT I-Call Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Motorola Type II SmartZone system on my BCD396XT and I want to monitor ONLY I-CALLS. Is there a way to do this? I don't want to hear any channels, only I-CALLS due to the fact the system is so congested.

Thanks for your help

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Program the iCall wildcard into a channel in its own channel group. Disable all other channel groups and scan in ID Scan mode.

Program the iCall wildcard into a channel in its own channel group. Disable all other channel groups and scan in ID Scan mode.

Would that be "i" or "i0".

As of right now, i have no channels in this system, I only use ID Search and it picks up channels and I-calls. The only thing I want to hear is I-Calls.

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
then its even easier for you to do

program in the icall wildcard then hit ID SCAN... then youll only get i-calls

and you can switch back to everything by putting it back into search

As of right now, i have no channels in this system, I only use ID Search and it picks up channels and I-calls. The only thing I want to hear is I-Calls.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
To answer the other part of your question..

its the same, only putting in "." will produce a .0 / i0

From the i-call wiki..
For the XT series of radios, the I-Call is automatic in ID Search (as is all patch TGID's), in ID Scan you need to program the wildcard ".0" (i000000 Motorola / i0000 EDACS) for decimal display, or "." for HEX display. The 700000 number is no longer used, but is displayed as the radio ID, as seen in a trunked decoder program. Many of the third party software packages will do this for you by setting the I-Call flag.

Would that be "i" or "i0".

ok I created a new channel in its own channel group, I put the channel TGID as "i" and it seems to be picking up I-calls now.

I hope I am not missing any by using "i". what exactly is the wild card on the 396xt? is it "i" , "." or "i0"

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
When you type in "i" it will change it to .i0 so I guess i0 is correct but both work
The older models it use to be 700000 but you can't enter that in the new units

It's working so your getting it. It's a wildcard your not gonna miss some.

Status
Not open for further replies.