BCD396XT + Unitrunker Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
I was wondering if there was somebody out there that could possibly help me out. I am working on setting up Unitrunker and I have it connected it to the BCD396XT scanner. I click on Run and nothing seems to be happening. I followed the directions in the Wiki and am still a little confused. I was wondering if I have the following settings correct:

Type: Inline
Model: BCD396XT
Role: Signal
Run: Stopped

Serial Port: COM4
Baud Rate: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 2
Parity: None
Logging: Checked
Park: 853.4500 ( I am monitoring the Nashua, New Hampshire Trunked system)
Mode: FM

Under Decode I have Motorola checked.

Is it alright If I am using the USB cable that I normally use to program the scanner?
Also what mode do I have to have to have the scanner in, can it just be running in the regular mode?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris

Highpockets

I was wondering if there was somebody out there that could possibly help me out. I am working on setting up Unitrunker and I have it connected it to the BCD396XT scanner. I click on Run and nothing seems to be happening. I followed the directions in the Wiki and am still a little confused. I was wondering if I have the following settings correct:

Type: Inline
Model: BCD396XT
Role: Signal
Run: Stopped

Serial Port: COM4
Baud Rate: 9600
Data Bits: 8
Stop Bits: 2
Parity: None
Logging: Checked
Park: 853.4500 ( I am monitoring the Nashua, New Hampshire Trunked system)
Mode: FM

Under Decode I have Motorola checked.

Is it alright If I am using the USB cable that I normally use to program the scanner?
Also what mode do I have to have to have the scanner in, can it just be running in the regular mode?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Chris

Try 115200 baud rate
Stop bits 1

And make sure the CC output is ON

Then try running it.

SCPD

QRT
You will also need to program the site's control channel(s) into your radio. The XT models don't seem to provide CC data otherwise.

Highpockets

Thanks for info. It seems to be running now but for all the frequencies I am getting 000.000 do I have to label those manually?

Go to the channels tab, the channel with X in con & confi, double click on the freq and add the control channel freq manually and label it Control. Delete the other freq's with the 000.0000 with the - option, and try running it again.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
My experience has been hit or miss. I had it working last night, but now I keep getting limbo systems. It won't seem to track the system I have downloaded. And it creates a bunch of empty folders in my files.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Go to the channels tab, the channel with X in con & confi, double click on the freq and add the control channel freq manually and label it Control. Delete the other freq's with the 000.0000 with the - option, and try running it again.

Thanks for the input. After labeling 853.4500 as the control channel I keep getting the 000.000 frequencies popping up. I will play around with it a little bit and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Highpockets

Thanks for the input. After labeling 853.4500 as the control channel I keep getting the 000.000 frequencies popping up. I will play around with it a little bit and see what I come up with. Thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Believe me, I'm no expert on Unitrunker, the only other thing I would look into is, if the system is rebanded do you have it set in the options tab, if not change it, exit out of the program, run Unitrunker again and try running it and see what happens, if that don't work, wait until Unitrunker answers you or someone who knows for sure the answer, sorry, I'm trying! :) I have a GRE scanner...

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Believe me, I'm no expert on Unitrunker, the only other thing I would look into is, if the system is rebanded do you have it set in the options tab, if not change it, exit out of the program, run Unitrunker again and try running it and see what happens, if that don't work, wait until Unitrunker answers you or someone who knows for sure the answer, sorry, I'm trying! :) I have a GRE scanner...

You have been very helpful thanks so much for the help. Thats is a good point about the rebanding I will have to check that out. Again I appreciate all your help :)

SCPD

QRT
That's because the program hasn't yet confirmed the correct bandplan. Click on the bandplan tab for the active site. If it is empty, the program can't calculate frequencies for new channels as they are discovered.

Having "0.000" frequency channels will cause no harm. It won't prevent you from logging activity on the system. You can (a) fill them in later, (b) wait for the program to deduce the correct plan or (c) get an RR DB subscription and pull the correct plan from there.

SCPD

QRT
Delete the other freq's with the 000.0000 with the - option, and try running it again.
The zero frequency channels can remain. They'll re-appear as soon as that channel is used again so no point in deleting them.

You can also edit the frequency "in place" on the channels grid or in the call history window.

Click on the cell in the grid and press "F2" (or click the spy-glass icon). That will put you into edit mode. Type in the frequencies as needed. Press Escape to get out of edit mode.

SCPD

QRT
My experience has been hit or miss. I had it working last night, but now I keep getting limbo systems. It won't seem to track the system I have downloaded. And it creates a bunch of empty folders in my files.
Hi Mark; I'm glad to help. Could you provide some more details like ...

What radio(s) are you using?
What system are you monitoring?

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a 396XT. The system is RR ID#721 Verona township. Its EDACS 48. I downloaded the latest version of Unitrunker, and loaded the EDACS from RR database, and it worked. then when I tried to run it again, I get limbo systems. This is despite the fact i have the system loaded from the database. Great program, but a little frustrating. Thanks for all the help.

SCPD

QRT
I'm using a 396XT. The system is RR ID#721 Verona township. Its EDACS 48. I downloaded the latest version of Unitrunker, and loaded the EDACS from RR database, and it worked. then when I tried to run it again, I get limbo systems. This is despite the fact i have the system loaded from the database. Great program, but a little frustrating. Thanks for all the help.

The program is working as designed. I hope this explanation makes sense. The EDACS control channel provides precious little data that can be used to distinguish it from another EDACS system. To prevent cross polluting data from one system to another, the program uses the mechanism you see now. Manually enter the active control frequency on the limbo site. The program will search previously logged systems with a compatible control channel and switch to that site.

If you consistently monitor the same site, turn on Site Lock in the receiver options. At startup, the program will assume the same site as your previous session.

At the moment there is a bug with using site lock and the XT models. It should be fixed in the next release.

Status
Not open for further replies.